Favourite quirks of Scottish stadiums.

One of the nicest wee grounds in Junior football, Crombie Park home of Culter FC. I don't have any photos of it but there is a fence in front of the shop to protect anyone working or standing waiting to be served as the shop is right in the line of fire behind one of the goals. The match was a Scottish Cup game against Burntisland SY. The light wasn't that great for any other angles but the first two so I've used photos of google images for the others.

Anyone recognise the player on the ball in the first photo?

DSC00101.JPG

DSC00103.JPG

Image result for culter fc crombie park

Image result for culter fc crombie park

Third photo I can see the fence to protect those going for a tea and a pie. New covered area for supporters there behind the goal, I hadn't seen that yet.

Edited by CityDave

17 hours ago, itzdrk said:

a78094b8ba66efb9f5e49bb10a12e0b4.jpg

One from the weekend.

That reminds me of the table football machine in my office many years ago. One of the legs was missing and it had been propped up on the back of a chair. Unfortunately the chair was two or three inches too short, so it sloped towards one corner, giving a distinct advantage to whoever was attacking that end.

On 22.9.2016 at 10:37, Hedgecutter said:

Supposedly this happened with Airdrie down at Stranraer as somebody told them Brechin losing at Hamilton was a FT result, resulting in them all celebrating promotion. Unfortunately for them, Chris Templeman scored for Brechin in the last few seconds of the season, giving us a second consecutive promotion at the expense of the Diamonds.  What a day that was.  ^_^

Hopefully some Airdrie (or Stranraer) fan there on the day can shine more light on the matter.

There were quite a few Clydebank fans in the Brechin end that day. Fair to say they enjoyed that last minute winner.

6 hours ago, Ross. said:

There were quite a few Clydebank fans in the Brechin end that day. Fair to say they enjoyed that last minute winner.

Was actually a 2-2 draw.  We were 2-0 down at least midway through the second half I believe.  

Pretty sure Hansen is from Fishcross, which for those of you who are unfamiliar with the Wee County, is the small village next to Sauchie. Sauchie Juniors ground is slap bang between Fishcross and Sauchie and the two towns are now pretty much joined together by a new housing estate. The golf course right next to the ground is Alloa Golf Course which in itself is strange as the golf course is on the fringes of Fishcross and Sauchie and when you leave it you have to travel through Sauchie to get to Alloa. Ha ha. Oh, and the golf course is locally called Schawpark. I had no idea the ground had been redeveloped. Also, in the panoramic photo, who are they playing? That looks like a hell of a crowd.

Hansen is a Sauchie lad.

Frank Burrows stayed in Fishcross.

fc171c68e75dbcc246b607f019e928c1.jpg

Auchinleck Talbot - Its a nice wee ground Beechwood Park for the West Juniors that wasn't far off being as good as one of the best of the Highland League grounds up north but without the floodlights. No floodlights yet still? Took these photos at Talbot's 7-0 demolition of Fort William in the Scottish Cup 26/09/09 in front of a full house for the home club's debut. I like the paintings on the walls both inside and outside the ground. The quirk factor has to be the locals, seem nice enough but can't understand a word they say. This also appears to surface on threads involving Talbot as well

This place still serves mushy peas and chips?

Auchinleck Talbot  01 Football travels July 09  to Dec  09 052.jpg

Auchinleck Talbot  02 Football travels July 09  to Dec  09 053.jpg

Auchinleck Talbot 03 Football travels July 09  to Dec  09 054.jpg

Auchinleck Talbot 04 Football travels July 09  to Dec  09 055.jpg

Edited by CityDave

Auchinleck Talbot 7-0 Fort William, very lucky to snap some of the goals in this as well. All started of so brightly for Fort (in yellow), first 10 minutes being played at a high tempo Talbot (in blue) just hadn't woken up yet, Fort looked in control but could they keep it up? Then oh dear, Talbot caught them in a counter attack while everyone bar the Fort keeper and a defender were in the Talbot half and this player took down the Talbot attacker in the Fort penalty box. Penalty to Talbot and a red card for the Fort defender and the roof caved in on the HL side after that.

Damn it

Auchinleck Talbot 08 Football travels July 09  to Dec  09 034.jpg

Oh dear!

Auchinleck Talbot 09 Football travels July 09  to Dec  09 035.jpg

Oh deary me!

Auchinleck Talbot 11 Football travels July 09  to Dec  09 036.jpg

Oh bollocks! :lol:

Auchinleck Talbot 12 Football travels July 09  to Dec  09 020.jpg

Auchinleck Talbot 14 Football travels July 09  to Dec  09 057.jpg

Edited by CityDave

The Falkirk Stadium with some height difference between three stands and the gazebo. I think its funny that in almost every photograph featuring the stadium they try not to have the temp stands in the picture, like they are ashamed of it. Its not the size that counts guys. Where did these temp stands come from?. I remember the first time I went to this ground one of them was behind the goals, home end. 

Its a nice stadium with a good view of the pitch.

Football travels March 08 to May 08 029.jpg

Football travels March 08 to May 08 030.jpg

Falkirk Football travels Dec 09  to May 10 054.jpg

Falkirk Football travels Dec 09  to May 10 055.jpg

Falkirk Football travels Dec 09  to May 10 056.jpg

The Falkirk Stadium with some height difference between three stands and the gazebo. I think its funny that in almost every photograph featuring the stadium they try not to have the temp stands in the picture, like they are ashamed of it. Its not the size that counts guys. Where did these temp stands come from?. I remember the first time I went to this ground one of them was behind the goals, home end. 

Its a nice stadium with a good view of the pitch.

Football travels March 08 to May 08 029.jpg

Football travels March 08 to May 08 030.jpg

Falkirk Football travels Dec 09  to May 10 054.jpg

Falkirk Football travels Dec 09  to May 10 055.jpg

Falkirk Football travels Dec 09  to May 10 056.jpg

No not temp stands, been in a few they see to shift if more than a couple of people move at the same time. But they do fill in empty spaces nicely