Favourite quirks of Scottish stadiums.

13 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Where is it though? Don't think it's in Scotland. 

Its in pintrest on Scottish football grounds https://www.pinterest.com/grahamrathomson/scottish-football-grounds/

I thought it was unusual I don't remember the hills being that close and put it down to the lens. The Forth Valley is completely flat.

7 minutes ago, CityDave said:

Its in pintrest on Scottish football grounds https://www.pinterest.com/grahamrathomson/scottish-football-grounds/

I thought it was unusual I don't remember the hills being that close and put it down to the lens. The Forth Valley is completely flat.

Google has it as Brann Bergen v Lokomotiv Moscow in the 2005 UEFA Cup. Brann's stadium is much bigger and not in that style of location though suggesting it's a lower league Norwegian team's ground.

It also as appears a few times as Forthbank!

Edited by 7-2

I know where this mystery ground is now. I guessed the country correct first time then went looking for a team that play in red. If you know your European clubs the O on the stand might give a clue.

First one to come up with the answer gets a green

16 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

Google has it as Brann Bergen v Lokomotiv Moscow in the 2005 UEFA Cup. Brann's stadium is much bigger and not in that style of location though suggesting it's a lower league Norwegian team's ground.

It also as appears a few times as Forthbank!

Its not a lower league Norwegian team and the ground has a similar capacity to Inverness CT

Edited by CityDave

I'd wondered about Tromso but didn't think the letter before the O was an S. However given the pic in question is 11 years old and there has been some housing and some seating built behind one goal I'd say Tromso.

15 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

I'd wondered about Tromso but didn't think the letter before the O was an S. However given the pic in question is 11 years old and there has been some housing and some seating built behind one goal I'd say Tromso.

Related image

Looks like you could be right, this is from the other corner and the lettering is TILNO on the seats.

Tromso it is then. Excellent. TIL.NO both a clue and a red herring apparently.

That original 'wrong' picture is brilliant. It actually features Robbie Winters and Charlie Miller! Next challenge is to establish why Brann were playing a home leg of a UEFA tie about 1200 miles north of their own ground.

22 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

Looked this up as I was quite interested myself. Don't know how well you know Stirling but apparently it was roughly where the Enterprise Park is now. There's a street called "Player's Road" around about there but I don't know if that's connected. I'd imagine they would have actually played at Kings Park at some point as well.

The  John Player cigarette factory was built where the old Forthbank was so I imagine that's where the Players Road would come from.

26 minutes ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

I found this picture of Hampden from 1985. I'm trying to place which corner of the ground this is.

article-0-1B44391B000005DC-730_964x641.j

ffs, I thought that was a Farage video.