Favourite quirks of Scottish stadiums.

Bayview used to have this -

ef.jpg

All the day's games were listed in the programme and given a letter. At half-time they would put the scores up beside the letter meaning you had to buy a programme to find out the half time scores. Don't know if other teams did this cos I was just a laddie and didn't go to away games. In fact, I only ever saw the second half at games because they used to open the big exits at half time so you could get in for nothing.

1 hour ago, killiepiemuncher said:

This is a brilliant old Pathe Newsreel from 1955, Killie v Celtic S.C 1955. 31000 inside and all over the place.

Typical Celtic - no colour clash but they choose not to wear the hoops and force their supporters to shell out for another replica top...

1 hour ago, NewBornBairn said:

Bayview used to have this -

ef.jpg

All the day's games were listed in the programme and given a letter. At half-time they would put the scores up beside the letter meaning you had to buy a programme to find out the half time scores. Don't know if other teams did this cos I was just a laddie and didn't go to away games. In fact, I only ever saw the second half at games because they used to open the big exits at half time so you could get in for nothing.

Lots of teams did that, as mentioned earlier in the thread.

That'll be Killie's change strip as it was the home side that changed in those days. Am I right in thinking both sides changed when there was a clash in cup ties back then or have I just made that up?

I've always wondered why they changed from the home side wearing their second strip to the away side for strip clashes. For some reason the home side changing seems more appropriate.

That'll be Killie's change strip as it was the home side that changed in those days. Am I right in thinking both sides changed when there was a clash in cup ties back then or have I just made that up?

I've always wondered why they changed from the home side wearing their second strip to the away side for strip clashes. For some reason the home side changing seems more appropriate.

Killie played in blue & white hoops back in the day.

• 2 weeks later...

A view of the joined up Eddie Thompson and Jerry Kerr Stands from the away end of the Fair Play Stand back in February 2009. Note the gantry above with the tv camera. Anyone recognise themselves in the photo?

Dundee Utd football travels Nov 08 to Apr 09 070.jpg

47 minutes ago, CityDave said:

A view of the joined up Eddie Thompson and Jerry Kerr Stands from the away end of the Fair Play Stand back in February 2009. Note the gantry above with the tv camera. Anyone recognise themselves in the photo?

Dundee Utd football travels Nov 08 to Apr 09 070.jpg

Yep. United end. Lower tier. 17th row up, 36th seat from the left. The one waving.

A view from the old now demolished Main Stand at Grant Park, Lossiemouth. Plus a view the old Main stand from the covered standing area opposite. Grant Park when I last visited back in 2008 was great for quality football food, pies and sausage rolls the best in the HL at the time. It was said also that there was a nice caramel shortcake made as well.

Last pic is of the new Main Stand.

Lossiemouth v Forres (3), 26th Jan 08.jpg

Lossiemouth v Forres (5), 26th Jan 08.jpg

Lossiemouth FC, Grant Park (1) 26th Jan 08.jpg

Image result for lossiemouth fc grant park

Edited by CityDave

While looking at pics for Lossie I spotted this weird looking stand from the North Juniors.

Image result for stoneywood fc

This was at Polo Park the former home of FC Stoneywood

FC Stoneywood moved to a new ground in 2014 and this new ground has had a big problem with drainage. Last season both FC Stoneywood and Parkvale merged.

stoneywood20.jpg