Favourite quirks of Scottish stadiums.

1 hour ago, Ken Fitlike said:

IMG_2201.jpg
Just to illustrate how boxed in Luton’s ground is.
Which Scottish ground is nearest to being in such density of housing?
Tynecastle, possibly.....

Links Park is quite snug amongst housing.

Heston Rovers?

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] technically correct.

Grew up down there.

My first ever club. I played U10 for Heston.

Then crossed the river to Max Thistle after that.

Mind we used to beat teams quite heavily. One time we beat Weave Rovers 26-0 at Moffat then appeared as only 4-0 in the Wednesday Standard...

Great memories [emoji106]

On 17/09/2020 at 09:14, Northboy said:

Luton's ground always struck me as a strange set up.   The side of the ground opposite the camera position was all executive boxes but it looked like a row or shops .I've passed by a couple of time when down there for work and it really is crammed in amongst the houses.

I believe Luton have plans to move to a new ground before too long.

Boca Juniors are hemmed in on one side, they appear to have a wall of balconies.

maxresdefault.jpg

6 hours ago, G-MAN said:

To think there used to be a tiny terrace here next to the main stand before the astro was brought in.

Guess the ground ?

IMG_1114.jpg

Allegedly that garden wall has been known to be handy for getting in for a midnight game of pished fives over the years.  Allegedly. 

1 hour ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Boca Juniors are hemmed in on one side, they appear to have a wall of balconies.

maxresdefault.jpg

That Boca Juniors ground is awesome or mental, can't decide which!  I'm sure I watched a televised Copa Libertadores match there a few years back between Boca Juniors and River Plate - a Buenos Aires derby I think - cracking atmosphere, what a venue.  Great photo.

I had the pleasure of standing on it in 2003, it's the best view in the ground. I'm assuming that was one of of the last times it was used, considering their big cup draws are now moved to Airdrie or Hamilton. A real shame.
Stood there in 1996 as Saints struggled to shift past Rovers in an early season Challenge Cup game, en route to our glorious defeat at the hands of Stranraer at Broadwood.

Remember being fascinated by the wall in the other corner.

11 hours ago, thomas said:

Always liked this picture of Boca Juniors stadium

Screenshot_20200920-222955_Twitter.jpg

Looks like a football-themed birthday cake with several slices out of it!

This one is my favourite - obviously not a professional club, more a kids' play area, in Bangkok. All credit to the designers for squeezing it into what room there was between the buildings!

Pitch 2.jpg

1 hour ago, GordonD said:

Looks like a football-themed birthday cake with several slices out of it!

This one is my favourite - obviously not a professional club, more a kids' play area, in Bangkok. All credit to the designers for squeezing it into what room there was between the buildings!

Pitch 2.jpg

Not conducive to producing pacy attacking left wing backs. Right wing backs, on the other hand...

40 minutes ago, Dunfermline Don said:

Since we seem to have gone a bit international now. I used to work on cruise ships and the ships football team used to occasionally play at a ground in Acapulco which doubled up as a Baseball pitch. It had the pitchers mound and bases in one corner of the football pitch! IMG_0963.jpg

Yankee Stadium. Home of New York City FC.

BN-IQ460_nypitc_G_20150528150521.jpg