Favourite quirks of Scottish stadiums.

7 hours ago, CityDave said:

I like the filled in corners at Livingston's 'What-ever-its-called-this-season Stadium'. Can't think of another ground apart from Celtic Park and Tannadice that has this.

I think we should find out how much it is for naming rights, and consider all chipping in, with a P&B poll deciding the name.

Imagine Richard Gordon on Sportsound. "There's been a goal in the Livingston-Montrose game - over to Derek Ferguson at the Standuptowipe Stadium".

10 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I think we should find out how much it is for naming rights, and consider all chipping in, with a P&B poll deciding the name.

Imagine Richard Gordon on Sportsound. "There's been a goal in the Livingston-Montrose game - over to Derek Ferguson at the Standuptowipe Stadium".

We're not quite at montroses level just yet.

That Livi night club sounds class. :lol:

Had a similar feeling when I went into the Wee Rangers Club before our league games there, downstairs was quite dark, tunes on, people dancing... Was great, only downside was the choice of songs although Penny Arcades a belter, Simply The Best was a good sing song too, minus the Addy on bits

17 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

That Livi night club sounds class. :lol:

Had a similar feeling when I went into the Wee Rangers Club before our league games there, downstairs was quite dark, tunes on, people dancing... Was great, only downside was the choice of songs although Penny Arcades a belter, Simply The Best was a good sing song too, minus the Addy on bits

I was in the Louden Tavern before the Scotland V Georgia game 2 years ago, nice wee pub i felt, until the barman decided to change from scotland songs to the obvious Ibrox matchday tunes. 

7 minutes ago, Caley fan said:

Anyone got pics of Inverness Thistles old ground? And where exactly was it?

There is this site

http://www.invernessthistlefc.co.uk/

Image result for kingsmills park inverness

Image result for kingsmills park inverness

The ground was between Broadstone Avenue and Kingsmill Road where there is now the Kingsmills Care Home. The houses in the same block where the ground was stand out as new builds in among much older buildings that make up this part the Crown/Kingsmills area.

I like the filled in corners at Livingston's 'What-ever-its-called-this-season Stadium'. Can't think of another ground apart from Celtic Park and Tannadice that has this.

Football travels Dec 09  to May 10 085.jpg

Football travels Dec 09  to May 10 084.jpg

Look at the state of the seats in the corners.

2 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Look at the state of the seats in the corners.

Aye looks a bit tight for space.

I don't know where they originally got some of the seats for the stadium as many were sun bleached. They had been yellow at some point in their life, maybe discarded from another football stadium, don't know many that would have a large number of sun bleached yellow ones. Shrewsbury, Watford, Cambridge Utd, Boston Utd???