Favourite quirks of Scottish stadiums.

Seeing Celtic Park as having red in the Main Stand is mind blowing to me. Had to reverse search it to figure that one out.

If memory serves me correct I'm sure the lower tier seats were orange, not red and the upper tier seats were green!

This colour choice was Celtic's attempt to bridge the religious divide in Glasgow!!

On 2/28/2017 at 17:58, CityDave said:

Views of Ochilview

Three games in the photos, Stenhousemuir v Threave Rovers in the Scottish Cup 2008, East Stirlingshire v Annan Athletic 2010 and East Stirlingshire v Stirling Albion 2014.

A nice ground, shame only two sides are used for supporters.

Stenhousemuir v Threave Rovers 25th Oct 2009 (2).jpg

Stenhousemuir v Threave Rovers 25th Oct 2009 (1).jpg

East Stirlingshire Football travels Dec 09  to May 10 087.jpg

East Stirlingshire Football travels Dec 09  to May 10 022.jpg

East Stirlingshire  Football travels Dec 09  to May 10 091.jpg

DSC00005.JPG

DSC00004.JPG

Ochilview is an absolutely smashing ground. Must admit I'd never seen the old pictures of it, didn't realise that the current main stand was as recent as that!

The only time I went was when my mates' Sunday league team got to their league cup final against a team from Falkirk. We tried to see if we could get it played at Rugby Park but were given a swift KB by Killie so they had it here. Great time pre-match in the Ochilview Bar - rather than have to traipse out round the street to get into the stand they just opened the fire door for us and we were on the terrace, pints in hand! No stewards, just fifty or so daft folk shouting the team on. Got beat 3-1 but the noise we managed to make in the cowshed was brilliant. We gave the opposition keeper pelters for the whole of the second half, shouting all manner of nonsense at him ranging from "you're just a shíte Alan Main" to "yer dug's got tits". A great day at a smashing ground, I'd love if Killie got drawn away to Stenny in the cup (or if the Shire got to the right round of the Scottish cup, that would also do).

What's with the Ochilview love? It's utter shite. A good terrace, a wee shitey lego stand and then 2 sides that look like the side of a sports centre pitch with loads of shite behind them. Horrible wee ground. If I lived in Stenhousemuir, Methil, Cowdenbeath, Berwick I don't think I could bring myself to go along every 2 weeks.

10 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

What's with the Ochilview love? It's utter shite. A good terrace, a wee shitey lego stand and then 2 sides that look like the side of a sports centre pitch with loads of shite behind them. Horrible wee ground. If I lived in Stenhousemuir, Methil, Cowdenbeath, Berwick I don't think I could bring myself to go along every 2 weeks.

If I were you I would I'd spend more time perfecting cooking skills than providing critiques on away grounds.

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Off topic, but do any shinty clubs share stadia with football (or rugby) teams, or do they try to keep out any other sports like the Irish sports try to?

If they do, it's only amateur sides that nobody has heard of. Besides, a shinty pitch is pretty huge. They'd need to put removable goals in for the fitba. But mainly, as you suggest, in the shinty heartlands it wouldn't be tolerated. 

On 3/2/2017 at 19:13, Mustafa_sheet said:

If memory serves me correct I'm sure the lower tier seats were orange, not red and the upper tier seats were green!

This colour choice was Celtic's attempt to bridge the religious divide in Glasgow!!

Aye, they were definitely orange.

29 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Aye, they were definitely orange.

i dunno about why, but they were orange.

i think orange, like (a tiny bit of) blue, only made it onto one home kit though.

Inverness City and Inverness Shinty Club both have pitches on Bught Park.  That's probably as close as you'll get to a football-shinty ground share.