Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

16 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

What on earth are you on about? I support real independence, like a third of SNP voters, from both the UK and the EU.

The big question is who speaks for those SNP voters who also support Brexit? At the moment, it's only Jim Sillars.

How do you know? Can you provide any evidence?  

12 minutes ago, Anonapersona said:

If push came to shove and all that, what is more desirable; out of UK or out of EU?

That's a false choice. If we had voted Yes in 2014, we would have left the EU last year.

If we leave the UK before Brexit is complete (i.e. the deal is implemented in full), we leave the EU. We may not even have the benefit the Brexit deal or WTO membership.

The real issue is whether an independent Scotland should apply to join the EU. At the moment, Sturgeon seems to favour applying to joining the Single Market only.

2 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

That's a false choice. If we had voted Yes in 2014, we would have left the EU last year.

If we leave the UK before Brexit is complete (i.e. the deal is implemented in full), we leave the EU. We may not even have the benefit the Brexit deal or WTO membership.

The real issue is whether an independent Scotland should apply to join the EU. At the moment, Sturgeon seems to favour applying to joining the Single Market only.

A politician's answer....

"I don't want to answer your question, so here's another one that I do want to answer."

7 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

How do you know? Can you provide any evidence?  

I've been through this before. Ashcroft poll at time of the vote. Sample of 1018 in Scotland.

http://lordashcroftpolls.com/2016/06/how-the-united-kingdom-voted-and-why/

http://lordashcroftpolls.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/How-the-UK-voted-Full-tables-1.pdf

Go to page 7 - 34% of the 519 SNP voters in that sample voted to Leave. Margin of error 4% either way. This is the figure that really upsets a lot of SNP supporters.

Don't use the "shoot the messenger" tactic like others. The polling was done by an independent company that is a member of the British Polling Council. There's a lot of very useful data, especially demographic and social, in a UK poll of over 12,000 respondents.

There's at least 6 seperarte lies in there.

4 minutes ago, Shades75 said:

A politician's answer....

"I don't want to answer your question, so here's another one that I do want to answer."

Scottish independence would be my priority. I would campaign for an independent Scotland to leave or stay out of the EU. The reality, to the chagrin of the EUphiles, is very different.

Scotland can't leave the UK and join the EU immediately as the White Paper claimed. Even Sturgeon now appears to accept that. She is advocating the Norwegian model rather than full EU Membership. But the EUphiles on here are in denial about that too.

I've been through this before. Ashcroft poll at time of the vote. Sample of 1018 in Scotland.
http://lordashcroftpolls.com/2016/06/how-the-united-kingdom-voted-and-why/
http://lordashcroftpolls.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/How-the-UK-voted-Full-tables-1.pdf
Go to page 7 - 34% of the 519 SNP voters in that sample voted to Leave. Margin of error 4% either way. This is the figure that really upsets a lot of SNP supporters.
Don't use the "shoot the messenger" tactic like others. The polling was done by an independent company that is a member of the British Polling Council. There's a lot of very useful data, especially demographic and social, in a UK poll of over 12,000 respondents.

[No, no I can't]

36 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

What on earth are you on about? I support real independence, like a third of SNP voters, from both the UK and the EU.

The big question is who speaks for those SNP voters who also support Brexit? At the moment, it's only Jim Sillars.

I've said this before but, even if you are a Eurosceptic, if you care about Scottish independence you should be wrapping yourself in the EU flag and belting out a couple of verses of Ode to Joy. The best bet of reaching your desired outcome just now, is to support Sturgeon's efforts, EU and all, and then agitate for a different relationship with Europe afterwards. The other side of the coin, waiting until after brexit, after how ever long may wants us all to bed in to the new situation is insane. There is no way of knowing if the electoral math adds up to legislate for Scottish Indy in that scenario, right now, they do. You can leave the EU anytime you like, it's leaving the UK that's the problematic bit.

Just now, renton said:

I've said this before but, even if you are a Eurosceptic, if you care about Scottish independence you should be wrapping yourself in the EU flag and belting out a couple of verses of Ode to Joy. The best bet of reaching your desired outcome just now, is to support Sturgeon's efforts, EU and all, and then agitate for a different relationship with Europe afterwards. The other side of the coin, waiting until after brexit, after how ever long may wants us all to bed in to the new situation is insane. There is no way of knowing if the electoral math adds up to legislate for Scottish Indy in that scenario, right now, they do. You can leave the EU anytime you like, it's leaving the UK that's the problematic bit.

Unless you don't really support independence at all and get your cheap thrills by spouting all over a football forum.

1 minute ago, renton said:

No thanks. I'll take the opportunity to leave the EU now. 

2 minutes ago, renton said:

You can't leave the EU unless we get another referendum.

3 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Scottish independence would be my priority. I would campaign for an independent Scotland to leave or stay out of the EU. The reality, to the chagrin of the EUphiles, is very different.

Scotland can't leave the UK and join the EU immediately as the White Paper claimed. Even Sturgeon now appears to accept that. She is advocating the Norwegian model rather than full EU Membership. But the EUphiles on here are in denial about that too.

Fair enough but I would hope the EU came to some sort of compromise in the interim. Stripping 5 million people of EU citizenship, the vast majority against their will, seems a bit out of touch.

3 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Unless you don't really support independence at all and get your cheap thrills by spouting all over a football forum.

This is the politics forum. 

You just want to smear or silence those that disagree with you.

Fascist mentality IMO.

2 minutes ago, Anonapersona said:

Fair enough but I would hope the EU came to some sort of compromise in the interim. Stripping 5 million people of EU citizenship, the vast majority against their will, seems a bit out of touch.

There's already been noises made about interim arrangements if Scotland votes for independence.

3 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

This is the politics forum. 

You just want to smear or silence those that disagree with you.

Fascist mentality IMO.

^not denying he's getting his cheap thrills type post.

(while hypocritically smearing those that disagree with him)

He must be pretty close to climaxing into his Charles and Di tea towel by now, he'll be gone soon.