Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Fair enough but Sturgeon's EU Paper wanted EEA membership after Brexit. 
 EU Membership will take years to negotiate. Much would depend on the ScotExit deal with rUK. We still don't know what the currency policy will be. The EU requires new members to have their own currency and central bank.
Here's another classic example of Russell/SNP delusion - welcoming one Spanish statement but refusing to accept another on the White Paper.
http://www.scotsman.com/news/spain-would-not-block-independent-scotland-eu-application-1-4409892
"The Scottish Government’s Brexit minister has welcomed a commitment from the Spanish foreign minister that Spain would not block an independent Scotland’s bid to re-join the EU after independence.
"Mike Russell said the comments by Alfonso Dastis “de-escalate” the row over Scotland’s long-term future as Nationalists seek to hold a second independence referendum on leaving the UK. 
BUT
"Mr Dastis confirmed that Scotland would have to reapply to join the Brussels bloc, contradicting the SNP position in the last referendum that the country could automatically stay in the EU after a Yes vote."

[No, no I can't]

I don't think seeking EEA membership in the short term is incompatible with seeking full EU membership. And when it comes to an EU membership application I suspect that the EU as is there want will almost certainly have some sort of fudged compromise to ease the passage to full membership.

Doesn't sound too great a problem. Independent countries have the power to make decisions on supranational unions like the EU. No one who wants Scotland to be an independent country can object to having the power to make decisions that independence allows the nation to make. That's kind of the point of being an independent country.
"I want independence but I actually want England and Wales to choose Scotland's future if their populations agree with my personal viewpoint" is not a position, it's a contradiction.

The easy solution is a double referendum. One on independence if that is successful a second referendum on applying for EU membership.

I see that you continue to ignore the EU Treaties and the application process for Membership. 
Completely dishonest or head in the sand as usual?

Going by past history it has always been the case that applications have been dealt with on an individual basis - hence the constant shifting of goalposts on Turkish EU membership.

Breathtakingly dishonest.
Lord Kerr:
"The Scots have to leave the EU with the UK – if the UK leaves – then go independent," said Kerr. "Once they’ve been recognised all round as independent they can then knock on the front door marked 'accession'.
"That’s the bad news, but the good news is that it would be a very swift accession negotiation. The sort of rubbish people talk about – back of the queue, behind the Turks – that’s all balls because there is no queue.
"People who are declared eligible to join can join as soon as they’re ready to accept the whole of the acquis. Since the Scots would, presumably ... still be applying something very close to the existing acquis, they'd be in very fast."
The acquis – also known as the acquis communautaire – is the complex set of legislation, legal acts, and European court decisions that have accumulated in EU law since the inception of the union."

So, who to believe - Lord Kerr, who helped to draft article 50, or "Bishop Briggs" from the internet. It's a tough choice, for sure.

:1eye

Post of the day.

59 minutes ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

Breathtakingly dishonest.

Lord Kerr:

"The Scots have to leave the EU with the UK – if the UK leaves – then go independent," said Kerr. "Once they’ve been recognised all round as independent they can then knock on the front door marked 'accession'.

"That’s the bad news, but the good news is that it would be a very swift accession negotiation. The sort of rubbish people talk about – back of the queue, behind the Turks – that’s all balls because there is no queue.

"People who are declared eligible to join can join as soon as they’re ready to accept the whole of the acquis. Since the Scots would, presumably ... still be applying something very close to the existing acquis, they'd be in very fast."

The acquis – also known as the acquis communautaire – is the complex set of legislation, legal acts, and European court decisions that have accumulated in EU law since the inception of the union."

So, who to believe - Lord Kerr, who helped to draft article 50, or "Bishop Briggs" from the internet. It's a tough choice, for sure.

:1eye

I fully expect the Bishop to come back with a paper he's found on the internet that he doesn't understand about Moldovan conjugal rights and their applicability to EU acquis and prove you and Lord Kerr all wrong.

Edited by welshbairn

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/nigel-farage-shocks-eu-parliament-with-mafia-gangsters-slur-a3507561.html
Why did the Tv media not show Farage humiliating the President of the EU Parliament who complained that he used the word Mafia. Farage riposte was to replace Mafia with gangsters. 

They did show it. I've seen it twice today on TV news - it didn't come across as humiliating though. As usual, Farage just came across as an angry, unimpressed guy howling whilst the adults around him laughed.

3 hours ago, doulikefish said:

He is a compulsive liar.He claims to have been a high flying banker in the city/an eu trade deal negotiator and thats just the ones i remember

Does he have a PhD?

There is a "queue" for membership as several countries have already started the application process. The EU Commission has limited resources and existing applicants take priority. I also said, however, that some countries can close certain chapters of the acquis than others and thereby "move up" the queue.
Without an independent currency and central bank, an independent Scotland could not complete the application process. There are chapters that would take a long time to close. That's why Single Market/EEA membership, the Norwegian model, is a more realistic option.
It's the EUphiles who are completely dishonest about Scotland being to join to the EU almost immediately.

If different parties move at different paces then it is by its very definition NOT a queue ffs.

You're not very bright are you? Hope you're having a lovely holiday. Mind the postcard.

I'm no the one running around making contradicting arguments all over the place then not being able to justify it - but aye I'm thick...

Holiday going good sir [emoji106] just about to get showered and get the sun tan lotion on and out so you'll have plenty of time to try and come up with a better reply this time.

20 hours ago, MICKYMACK said:

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/nigel-farage-shocks-eu-parliament-with-mafia-gangsters-slur-a3507561.html

Why did the Tv media not show Farage humiliating the President of the EU Parliament who complained that he used the word Mafia. Farage riposte was to replace Mafia with gangsters. 

Farage is a fanny - as everyone knows. However, he normally has little difficulty securing access to the media. If there was less coverage of him - and that's debatable - it's because he was a pure riddy. The boys who harangued the c**t in that Edinburgh boozer did a great job.