Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

6 minutes ago, kilbowie2002 said:

He wasn't harassed, people protested against him, which last time I checked wasn't illegal. Further to that if he wants to parade through Edinburgh on foot like some kind of conqueror for political capital then he has to accept that when people see it they may react. Just because people peacefully protested in a vigorous manner doesnt mean they were wrong. If the 'harrassment' was so bad then why were there no arrests made? Plenty of police about, plenty of footage, no arrests, not harrassment.

Shouting scum, scum, is peaceful and not harassment?

2 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

It's peaceful given there must have been at least half a dozen bricks lying around that could have been put to good use.

You're really not doing yourself or any party you support any favours here.

1 minute ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Its free speech isnt it? No one shouted 'lets kill the scum' or 'hurt the scum' they simply using freedom of expression protested. Its not exactly defamation of character referring to Farage in that way is it?

Dreary me, you should know better.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Yes.

This was in the capital of Scotland that a politician couldn't walk down the street in safety. Is it ok to do the same to Nicola Sturgeon under the terms of free speech?

If Farage needs a 'safe space' because some folks are shouting nasty things at him in the street, he needs to man up. If snowflakes like him had been fighting in Afghanistan or Iraq, we would all be speaking German now. 

4 minutes ago, dogmc said:

That's utter nonsense. They made arrests after the cup final. How many arrests were made in the aftermath of that farage visit??

I never said they were breaking any laws but having a gang of people surrounding you and calling you scum is harassment in my book.

5 minutes ago, kirkyblue2 said:

I never said they were breaking any laws but having a gang of people surrounding you and calling you scum is harassment in my book.

He's happy to infer that lots of other people are scum because they weren't born here. If a politician chooses to hold a media event outside a pub on a busy street, the public are entitled to describe him for what he is.

1 hour ago, kirkyblue2 said:

I don't agree he should get his head kicked in. I agree with some of the things he says about the EU, I suppose that means I should get my head kicked in.

Come on to f**k.
Everything he said about the UK leaving the EU was a complete lie.

He deserves to have his head kicked in because he's a lying piece of shit that's made a major contribution to the clusterfuck that is Brexit.

Thats irrelevant, Scottish crime recording standards state that if a crime happens it has to be recorded and investigated. The fact is no crime was committed there.
A post incident enquiry could have occurred and people could have been identified via cctv etc the same as happened with the Hibs/Rangers game. Just because the crowd was hostile to Farage doesn't make the people unreasonable, they had a legitimate right to protest the same way Farage had a right to walk down the street for political gain.

Surely if he had to take shelter to protect himself from the threat of harm then some offence was commited? If he fears for his safety then at the very least a breach of the peace occurred.

1 minute ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Surely if he had to take shelter to protect himself from the threat of harm then some offence was commited? If he fears for his safety then at the very least a breach of the peace occurred.

What threat? He was just receiving the same level of ranting that he dished out every time he could be arsed to turn up for his real job in Brussels or Strasbourg.

Strange that Farage was complaining about having to go in a pub.
Drinking pints was a central part of his 'man of the people' persona he created.
It was probably the fact that we speak a little differently up here that really scared him.

18 minutes ago, mjw said:

Strange that Farage was complaining about having to go in a pub.
Drinking pints was a central part of his 'man of the people' persona he created.
It was probably the fact that we speak a little differently up here that really scared him.

At least I dae.
I'm no so sure aboot you ither c**ts :whistle