Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

52 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

McDonnell saying a second referendum is necessary is May doesn’t accept Labour’s 5 point proposal including a CU.

Probably the clearest positive statement on a second referendum from the Labour leadership.

They've probably had a look at internal polling and it's been so horrendous that they've had to change their tune.

McDonnells said this a few times. It’s probably the clearest he’s been but it’s not a new development to talk about a second referendum. I think he’s probably the shrewdest member of the shadow cabinet. I’d have been all in on him if he hadn’t indulged psycho TERF groups on Mumsnet a few months back.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

The lass dressed as a pork pie.  Something just a bit disturbing about that picture. 

1 hour ago, zidane's child said:

Luciana Berger receiving a vote of no confidence from her CLP.

Her record of disliking Jeremy Corbyn goes back a few years even though the CLP in Liverpool Wavertree are staunch Corbyn fans.

Be interesting to see how this one pans out.

Berger is one of those who would rather see a pro Zionist Tory as PM than a Labour PM who was critical of Israel. 

2 minutes ago, kirkyblue2 said:

Labour voters who voted leave will feel betrayed. Maybe it will balance itself out but I can see a rise in extreme parties if it goes ahead.

Various polls show overwhelming support for Remain by Labour Party members and voters.

A recent poll showed that support would increase if Labour were more vocal and less wishy washy.

52 minutes ago, DublinMagyar said:
2 hours ago, kirkyblue2 said:
A 2nd referendum will kill Labour.

They're already dead m8

They’re the second biggest party at Westminster and picked up seats at the last election including seats in Scotland.

The internal factions within both Labour and Tories may mean they cannot get a deal passed in parliament that will also satisfy the EU.

Right here and now I can only see 2 scenarios : No Deal or revoke Article 50.  

Where that leaves the Tories or Labour if either happens is anyone's guess

10 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

The internal factions within both Labour and Tories may mean they cannot get a deal passed in parliament that will also satisfy the EU.

Right here and now I can only see 2 scenarios : No Deal or revoke Article 50.  

Where that leaves the Tories or Labour if either happens is anyone's guess

If it came to the crunch I think there would be more support in Parliament for a second referendum rather than straightforward revocation.

I also can’t understand why the Hard Brexiteers are so opposed to a second referendum if they genuinely believe the have the backing of the majority of people.  Surely it’s better passing the buck to the public than accepting the blame when it goes pear shaped.

14 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

If we do crash out I suppose the international reappraisal of UK's place in the world will ultimately be a good thing for the country psychologically. I'd rather be in the position of reflecting on that having happened a number of years ago than going through the hardship itself mind.

While i'm not in favour of our current economic model the UK is currently the fifth largest economy in the world.

I doubt many people rank us top 4.