Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

1 minute ago, John Lambies Doos said:
19 minutes ago, Londonwell said:
I thought there was an olive branch offered by the EU yesterday about an extension?
The fact does remain however what does a short extension actually achieve, if no plan in place to resolve the situation?

Answer: Appropriate time to plan a referendum. Ext to article, then referendum, then bin brexit. I've been consistent all along... Brexit will not be implemented. The establishment will piss over the initial referendum result, and the disenfranchised voters will be further disenfranchised.

That's been the problem all along though, it isn't really "the establishment" as many of those who are the most staunch and vociferous brexiteers are also seen as part of "the establishment".

It would have been far easier if it had been a case of the old "good guy", "wa*k" scenario, then at least we'd all have known where we stood.............

7 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
24 minutes ago, Londonwell said:
I thought there was an olive branch offered by the EU yesterday about an extension?
The fact does remain however what does a short extension actually achieve, if no plan in place to resolve the situation?

Answer: Appropriate time to plan a referendum. Ext to article, then referendum, then bin brexit. I've been consistent all along... Brexit will not be implemented. The establishment will piss over the initial referendum result, and the disenfranchised voters will be further disenfranchised.

“The establishment” all want different things.

Your prediction may be correct but the suggestion that events have all been part of a long term plan to thwart Brexit is incorrect. There are no certainties in this, it has been and remains an utter omnishambles. 

Your prediction may be correct but the suggestion that events have all been part of a long term plan to thwart Brexit is incorrect. There are no certainties in this, it has been and remains an utter omnishambles. 
I would also argue that my comment re disenfranchised voters being more disenfranchised is also correct. The EU is the establishment and they will get their own way.

15 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

:lol: :lol::lol: that’s a belter.  You’ve predicted about 10 different outcomes in the last six months.

The only consistent thing has been your inconsistency.

5 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
7 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

I would also argue that my comment re disenfranchised voters being more disenfranchised is also correct. The EU is the establishment and they will get their own way.

See you’re picking and choosing your “establishment” there then. The Tories have a hell of a lot to lose from Brexit being cancelled and that also must be taken into consideration. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
10 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

See you’re picking and choosing your “establishment” there then. The Tories have a hell of a lot to lose from Brexit being cancelled and that also must be taken into consideration. 

This.

This particular Tory party is controlled by the far-right, with a few centrists acting as a handbrake on their nutcase ambitions. The centrists will be able to slow things down, but they won't stop Brexit....it'll still happen in some shape or form.

The previous poster is also surmising that the EU still want the UK to remain. I'm not sure that they do.

29 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

This.

This particular Tory party is controlled by the far-right, with a few centrists acting as a handbrake on their nutcase ambitions. The centrists will be able to slow things down, but they won't stop Brexit....it'll still happen in some shape or form.

The previous poster is also surmising that the EU still want the UK to remain. I'm not sure that they do.

The EU would be delighted if the U.K. cancelled Brexit both for the immediate trade benefit and for its longer term resilience.

Can only see an extension to Article 50 now. The Commons votes in mid-March should be fun. 

There is just so many different factions in the Commons that you just can't see where an agreement is coming from.  And even if they do somehow agree, it still has to be agreed with the EU, and we know what that means in regards to the Irish backstop.

The Westminster parliament right now is deadlocked. I can't see any scenario where that won't be the case. Can't see May agreeing to a Peoples vote either. 

A General Election may or may not solve the problem? 

9 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Eddie Mair on LBC just now almost inviting people to phone in and say they'll be prepared to take to the streets in the event of No Brexit by the end of March.

Gone off him a bit now.

When you get those Tommeh! rallies or Brexit protests at Westminster you usually only get handful of fat elderly demented people turning up. I doubt most of them phoning up would be able to find their way from the sofa to their front door.

18 hours ago, Donathan said:

If there is a second referendum then the Brexiteers campaign will be hilarious. Is there a single valid argument for Brexit now other than “we voted in favour last time so we need to respect the result”?

I have no doubt leave would win a second referendum. Valid arguments hardly won them the vote first around anyway.

1 minute ago, sparky88 said:

I have no doubt leave would win a second referendum.

About 99% of polls released since mid-2017 would suggest otherwise. Which is why the now minority are so hell bent on forcing a no-deal brexit through without returning the details back to the general public.

When you get those Tommeh! rallies or Brexit protests at Westminster you usually only get handful of fat elderly demented people turning up. I doubt most of them phoning up would be able to find their way from the sofa to their front door.
They'll turn up if there's a packet of Olde English Spangles for every attendee [emoji39]