Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

4 minutes ago, LordHawHaw said:

Got to be worth  a tenner, betting gurus could you double up a 2nd ref with a remain outcome? Cos that's what's gonna happen

I don't think so as a Remain outcome would presuppose another referendum. Think the technical term is something like "betting contingency" aka one outcome will directly affect another.

SkyBet are currently doing 10/3 on the UK to have another referendum on Brexit and a Remain outcome before 2020.

Edited by NotThePars

1 minute ago, NotThePars said:

I don't think so as a Remain outcome would presuppose another referendum. Think the technical term is something like "betting contingency" aka one outcome will directly affect another.

Damn, thank you for the information and will resort to I individual bets, I suppose I could up the odd by betting on the 60 to 65% that will vote remain 

2 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

It's basically a scorecast bet. 

1 minute ago, LordHawHaw said:

Damn, thank you for the information and will resort to I individual bets, I suppose I could up the odd by betting on the 60 to 65% that will vote remain 

Aye I meant to say you can't select individual options yourself to boost the odds. It needs a specifically offered bet by a bookies. They are doing them atm although 10/3 when another vote before 2020 is itself 5/2 is pretty shite odds IMO. You're getting 8/1 on no deal being voted by the British public tho!

surely a 2nd referendum is a non-starter - the Tories and Labour will have seen the pro-independence movement in Scotland coalesce pretty firmly and consistently behind the SNP, and won't want to open up any ground for a new single-issue party (edit: possibly a rebranded UKIP) if a 2nd referendum returned a Remain vote.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

5 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

surely a 2nd referendum is a non-starter - the Tories and Labour will have seen the pro-independence movement in Scotland coalesce pretty firmly and consistently behind the SNP, and won't want to open up any ground for a new single-issue party (edit: possibly a rebranded UKIP) if a 2nd referendum returned a Remain vote.

I doubt very much if Scotland is even on their radar, we're a mickey mouse irrelevance to them............

The EU/Tory Remainer plan seems to be.

Get Parliament to pass withdrawal deal

EU will agree but say that A50 has to be extended

Parliament will have to amend Withdrawal Act erasing the exit date from British law

A50 gets extended for two months then two years and they hope by that time no one will care any more and they can slide us back into the club without a referendum.

This is the bit about the public vote. Sounds like the same vague noncommittal wording as ever.

“We will also be backing the Cooper-Letwin amendment to rule out a No Deal outcome. One way or another, we will do everything in our power to prevent No Deal and oppose a damaging Tory Brexit based on Theresa May’s overwhelmingly rejected deal.

“That’s why, in line with our conference policy, we are committed to also putting forward or supporting an amendment in favour of a public vote to prevent a damaging Tory Brexit being forced on the country.”