Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

We genuinely could be witnessing the end of the two party system in Westminster.
Ironically catalysed by a burning scepticism of the EU in the conservative party over decades, who's whole purpose is given away in their party name. Delicious.

We genuinely could be witnessing the end of the two party system in Westminster.
Nominally two parties, but for the last 20 years they have been two cheeks of the same arse. Corbyn and McDonnell could likely alter that, save for the fact that they will not be required to form a majority Labour Government. I wouldn't be contacting Paddy Power anytime soon.

It's been quite amusing seeing Oliver Letwin being involved in undermining the government.

Oliver in 2010 https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2010/oct/04/coalition-welfare-reform-fairness

Together, welfare reform and the work programme will make a reality for millions of people the fact that work, not benefit, is the most sustainable route out of poverty.

Tackling the deficit, handing power to the people, reforming our public services, achieving green growth, and building a new strategy in which welfare helps people into work instead of trapping them in dependency. Whether you agree with these aims or not, you cannot deny the scale of the ambition. We are actually working together and fixing our thoughts on the national interest.

9 years later we have over 4 million children in poverty (nearly 1 in 3) and our political system completely knackered. And the national debt has increased by 50%.

Well done Oliver. I fully expect you to solve Brexit.

1 hour ago, wishyman said:

When democracy becomes nothing more than a Hegelian dialect.

EU= No vote, No voice and No escape.

Euro Army here we come, sorry, here you come. Thinking of being a conscientious objector, Algerian desert jails await your lilly white asses. 

I'll be at the quayside laughing like f**k armed with my reverse Winston gestures.

Lambs to the slaughter, evidence that state run schools have been producing meatballs for 40 years. 

Have fun in the sun. 

Beau Geste? Hardly, more like Beau peep!

Oh, one other thing, ignorance is a choice in this day and age. 

^^^ word salad

When democracy becomes nothing more than a Hegelian dialect.

EU= No vote, No voice and No escape.

Euro Army here we come, sorry, here you come. Thinking of being a conscientious objector, Algerian desert jails await your lilly white asses. 

I'll be at the quayside laughing like f**k armed with my reverse Winston gestures.

Lambs to the slaughter, evidence that state run schools have been producing meatballs for 40 years. 

Have fun in the sun. 

Beau Geste? Hardly, more like Beau peep!

Oh, one other thing, ignorance is a choice in this day and age. 

You’ve obviously made your choice.

When democracy becomes nothing more than a Hegelian dialect...

Is there something psychotropic in the water supply in Shotts at the moment? Hopefully May and Corbyn can come up with a synthesis at the last minute that leads to a very soft Brexit or calling the whole thing off. Think I've got the terminology right anyway where Hegelian dialectics are concerned. 

Cooper bill debate passed by 1 vote.
Seems they've already had the second reading which passed by 5 and have now moved onto committee stage which from the bits I've seen seems to have been met with utter confusion on all sides. House currently sitting ok in committee trying to work out which amendments have been picked and what they actually mean

8 minutes ago, glasgow-sheep said:
1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
Cooper bill debate passed by 1 vote.

Seems they've already had the second reading which passed by 5 and have now moved onto committee stage which from the bits I've seen seems to have been met with utter confusion on all sides. House currently sitting ok in committee trying to work out which amendments have been picked and what they actually mean

No wonder, here are the amendments. It was quite straightforward before. Bill Cash, the original Brexiteer and arch legal pedant has his name on nearly all of them. It's a legalistic way of filibustering so they can't finish in time.

https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/bills/cbill/2017-2019/0371/amend/euwno5_daily_cwh_0403v1.pdf

Edited by welshbairn

Amendment Fillibustering from Mogg, Francois and co. 

c***s. 

That Francois guy is every bit as bad as those arseholes in the Republican Party who spent their seven minutes taking to James Comey about Clinton’s hard drive. Absolute careerist gobshites.