Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

5 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Opposition cross party talks look to have gone well.  The approach will be a legislative approach to block No Deal.

Corbyn’s willingness to compromise will stand him in good stead for any future discussions.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

On 15/08/2019 at 06:47, Granny Danger said:

Corbyn has offered a way out, a very short-term temporary government with one objective.

As leader of the opposition, and the second largest party at Westminster by some margin, he has more legitimacy than anyone else to assume the PM role on a temporary basis.

This will test the mettle of those MPs claiming to be opposed to a Hard Brexit.  Anyone who refuses to work with Corbyn will have to accept their share of the blame if the UK leaves the EU with no deal.

Two weeks ago the hard left were demanding Corbyn be anointed PM by fiat. They were throwing tantrums at anyone who said we needed to negotiate among the range of options wit the other parties. He had "legitimacy" and all that shite.  

On 15/08/2019 at 08:28, dorlomin said:

For those supporting this, this is not the result of reaching out to the other groups in Parliament to find a workable solution. A government of "unity" dictated to other groups in parliament;. Its deliberately set up to fail. Perhaps with half a mind to trying to secure Labour's small number of seat in Scotland and bring some of those leaning Green back to where they can have their politics dictated to them. 

Now they are facing 180 degrees and claiming his humiliating climb down is a sign of his wonderful leadership qualities. 

Its as bad as Banana and his Trump\4D chess schtick. 

On 17/08/2019 at 17:19, Granny Danger said:

He has more credibility than any of the other names being floated.  What people must realise is that we are not in an ideal situation; Corbyn as caretaker PM for a few weeks in order to get an extension and call a GE is the least worst option.

On 16/08/2019 at 06:27, Granny Danger said:

Bebb, Grieve and now Wollaston saying they could back Corbyn’s proposal.

Looks like it’s gaining momentum (no pun intended) and self absorbed egotists like Swinson and Umunna could end up being No Deal enablers.

No longer the least worst option? Tories no longer backing him to be PM?

We have wasted two weeks of instead of building a cross parliament coalition to stop this farce, we have had the pantomime of the clown trying to anoint himself PM with zero support outside his regular loonie supporters. 

Guest Bob Mahelp

As the limp-wristed coalition of No-dealers and Remainers led by The Mumbleclown prepare yet another vague and meaningless statement which will have no effect, it's astonishing that some people still believe that Johnston is going to shortly make some kind of massive f**k-up that will turn the UK population against Brexit in general and him in particular.

He has incredibly slick network of rabid right-wing fanatics behind him that have been working relentlessly from the first minute of his appointment to make sure that....whatever happens with Brexit....Johnston stays on the right side of public opinion and as a consequence destroys Corbyn at the upcoming GE. 

Momentum is everything in politics, and sadly Johnston has it at the moment while Corbyn/Swinson et al have none. 

The time for hard, decisive action from the Remain side has long passed...sacrificed on the alter of Corbyn's dithering. 

Just as Blair/Campbell changed UK politics 22 years ago, I suspect Johnston/Cummings are about to do the same in the next year. And we're all going to be fucked.

Maneuvering Parliamentary business with the aim of stopping a hard Brexit and then having a GE would be a stupid move by Remain politicians. In most circumstances FPTP will punish such loose coalitions and instead reward the more coherent, pro-Brexit faction - an electoral pact between the Tories and Faragists  in those circumstances will quite clearly take place. 

If the serious goal is to stop a hard Brexit from this late point in the game then they have to try to push through a second referendum with the Parliament as it stands. Negating their precious mandate is a far better tactic than pinning everything on an election that is the gammons' to lose right now.

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

A Tory/Brexit pact only works if Boris culls Remainer MPs and candidates.

So pro Brexit Tories will let Corbyn become PM and possibly schedule a second referendum just because their local MP is a remainer. 

This is your master stroke of political analysis? Stick to the conspiracy theories, at least they are funny. 

15 minutes ago, Detournement said:

A Tory/Brexit pact only works if Boris culls Remainer MPs and candidates.

I doubt he could manage that.

The Brexit party gammons need a compliant Tory leader to deliver their sole objective of a hard Brexit; Johnson needs gammon votes to deliver his sole objective of keeping himself in power. A Tory manifesto that commits to removing (for example) the Irish backstop would be, de facto, a party commitment to a hard Brexit: and that's all that would be needed for Farage and co. to link forces with them.

Edited by vikingTON

15 minutes ago, dorlomin said:

So pro Brexit Tories will let Corbyn become PM and possibly schedule a second referendum just because their local MP is a remainer. 

This is your master stroke of political analysis? Stick to the conspiracy theories, at least they are funny. 

If Corbyn becomes PM it's only for a week or two to extend A50 and call an election.

6 minutes ago, virginton said:

The Brexit party gammons need a compliant Tory leader to deliver their sole objective of a hard Brexit; Johnson needs gammon votes to deliver his sole objective of keeping himself in power. A Tory manifesto that commits to removing (for example) the Irish backstop would be, de facto, a party commitment to a hard Brexit: and that's all that would be needed for Farage and co. to link forces with them.

It's hard to see Hammond, Guake, Clark etc all just calling it a day over a manifesto any more than Watson, Chukka and the rest of the Labour right turds did.

13 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

I've seen some tedious pedantic pointless arguments on here but my cap is doffed to you 2. Well done sirs.

The amount of googling to win an online argument is commendable.

And a little sad. 😃

Edit: Obviously I didn't read all that guff.

It's obviously very important to Strichiner to attempt to prove that the charity shop woman can't sell lethal electrical devices due to the nasty, interfering EU. All I did was point out that it is actually UK legislation that creates these offences.  When incorrectly accused of being mistaken, I defended my views.

So, as promised, I fired up SRAWEB today, and went looking for a couple of relevant offences to prove my point.  SRAWEB contains a list of common law & statutory offences in Scotland. Unfortunately, it also includes some obsolete charges, so you need to check that the legislation is still in force.

Charge Code CPRT198700110001 is still in force. It relates to selling unsafe electrical equipment, just like I said. The draft charge ends "CONTRARY to the Electrical Equipment (Safety) Regulations 1994 regulation 14(1) and the Consumer Protection Act 1987, Sections 11 and 12"

Charge Code PLUG199400120100 is also still in force. It relates to supply of an appliance which is not correctly fitted with a standard UK plug. The draft charge ends ""CONTRARY to the Plugs and Sockets etc. (Safety) Regulations 1994 regulation 12(1) and the Consumer Protection Act 1987, Sections 11 and 12"

Either charge code can be googled and the charge confirmed.

I think that concludes this tedious debate. Strichiner was wrong.

Really can't see how today's events at Westminster are making a No Deal Brexit any less likely.
Agreed, people keep saying they will extend article 50 but in reality that's not up to Corbyn. There is no guarantee the rest of the EU will agree to another extension but IMO I don't think we will get to that stage.

Either we will get a deal or the PM will lose to win a VONC to be the party respecting the result of the referendum against the anti democratic remainers.

There will be deselections in local Conservative constituencies for pro Brexit replacements and who knows what will happen in vote leave Labour Constituencies.

I'm fairly sure The PM will have his plan in place and there wont be any talk of care home taxes, fox hunting or anything to wind up Audi man the wrong way.

Doesnt Jezza look tired.

1 minute ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Agreed, people keep saying they will extend article 50 but in reality that's not up to Corbyn. There is no guarantee the rest of the EU will agree to another extension but IMO I don't think we will get to that stage.

Either we will get a deal or the PM will lose to win a VONC to be the party respecting the result of the referendum against the anti democratic remainers.

There will be deselections in local Conservative constituencies for pro Brexit replacements and who knows what will happen in vote leave Labour Constituencies.

I'm fairly sure The PM will have his plan in place and there wont be any talk of care home taxes, fox hunting or anything to wind up Audi man the wrong way.

Doesnt Jezza look tired.

I thought he looked totally fucked.