Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

22 hours ago, sparky88 said:

Keeping an open border with rUK will be a red line for a post independence negotiating team. And that will limit what sort of relationship Scotland can have with the EU. 

Incidentally, the UK still hasn't sorted the issues with the Irish border. David Frost kicks the can down the road every 6 months in the hope a unicorn turns up (ie a technological solution that avoids border checks) 

This is another one of these "indy is difficult because England has totally fucked up". arguments. And I think you're right about the way the challenge will be seized upon. But we had the "guards on the border" pish in 2014 and at some point the existing UK is going to have to resolve the Irish border problem and the Protocol problem. It isn't tenable to run with the current bollocks indefinitely.  

That means either they find the technology or they row back on some of the UK red lines. 

Bottom line is that Scotland didn't vote for this fiasco and we need out.

1 hour ago, HTG said:

and at some point the existing UK is going to have to resolve the Irish border problem and the Protocol problem. It isn't tenable to run with the current bollocks indefinitely.  

I don't see Yes winning unless Frost and the UK cabinet find a way to enable frictionless trade between UK and NI. This may take years. To be honest, it's time the SNP will have because no other party will be in power this side of independence. 

27 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

I don't see Yes winning unless Frost and the UK cabinet find a way to enable frictionless trade between UK and NI. This may take years. To be honest, it's time the SNP will have because no other party will be in power this side of independence. 

In the event of a successful referendum Frost and the UK cabinet will find a way to make trade frictionless pronto or they will have to find a way to replace the gigawatts of electricity that pass from Scotland to England every year.

41 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

In the event of a successful referendum Frost and the UK cabinet will find a way to make trade frictionless pronto or they will have to find a way to replace the gigawatts of electricity that pass from Scotland to England every year.

The Army called in as squaddies mount fixed Boris bikes with their dynamos attached to the National Grid...

@welshbairn - you're right about the tonic water situation. I've been monitoring it at the supermarkets round here too, and the cupboard is usually bare.

I suggest replacing the tonic with more gin, or possibly a more masculine drink like Bacardi. lolzers.

13 minutes ago, BFTD said:

@welshbairn - you're right about the tonic water situation. I've been monitoring it at the supermarkets round here too, and the cupboard is usually bare.

I suggest replacing the tonic with more gin, or possibly a more masculine drink like Bacardi. lolzers.

I'm a champion panic buyer, 24 litres of Schweppes from Amazon in the garage and a full tank of petrol. 

Edited by welshbairn

17 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'm a champion panic buyer, 24 litres of Schweppes from Amazon in the garage and a full tank of petrol. 

I suggest you celebrate your good planning by replacing the tonic with more gin.

Would be amusing if there was a gin shortage and you just ended up with loads of tonic  :lol:

12 minutes ago, 101 said:

Seems like brexit is going so well they have extended they short term visa from 24th Dec to 31st Dec.

Anyone want to bet for more extensions?

https://www.nfuonline.com/sectors/poultry/poultry-news/temporary-poultry-visa-scheme-how-to-apply/

I looked at one of the recruitment agencies they're using. Bring your own bed.

image.png.f093111ecb604fef25737ec651ecbb2b.png

https://agrecruitment.eu/participants/

On 02/10/2021 at 22:34, HTG said:

They'll do a turkey drop. Just fire them out the back of a cargo plane and let the people scavenge to save Christmas. 

Why fire them out of the back of a plane. 

Just cross breed them with homing pigeons and get them to fly to whoever wants to eat them for dinner.

Why fire them out of the back of a plane. 
Just cross breed them with homing pigeons and get them to fly to whoever wants to eat them for dinner.
Just tell Bernard to open the shed and let them waddle out while the peasants wait with crossbows. Obvious innit.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I looked at one of the recruitment agencies they're using. Bring your own bed.

image.png.f093111ecb604fef25737ec651ecbb2b.png

https://agrecruitment.eu/participants/

I had a wee look for this company on the Companies House website but there’s no match.  Of course there’s every likelihood they are a non-U.K. company as their e-Mail address suggests or are a non-limited company.

If they are a U.K. company their website does not comply with certain legal requirements.

53 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I had a wee look for this company on the Companies House website but there’s no match.  Of course there’s every likelihood they are a non-U.K. company as their e-Mail address suggests or are a non-limited company.

If they are a U.K. company their website does not comply with certain legal requirements.

Apparently the 'ag' stands for Alfred Garnett Recruitment.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Wouldn't it be this lot?

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/09562180

Guest Bob Mahelp

We've went from 'oven ready deal' and 'easiest deal in history', to 'transition period where problems were expected'. 

It says everything you want to know abour Johnson, the Tories, and their right wing lapdogs in the press that this is being trumpeted without even the blink of an eye, as if all the promises made 5 years ago about Brexit never even existed. It honestly is taking brass necks to a new level. 

God, how I detest the UK.