Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

With the current state of political flux it really is a damned shame that there is no-one loudly banging the Remain drum.  Never mind all the economic and societal negatives, it's high time the hypocrisy of many Leave voters was called out.  

Perhaps Dimbleby could do a service by asking just how many Leavers in his next QT audience have paid an EU tradesman cash in hand for a job, or how many of these same folk would be willing to publicly declare that they would be quite happy to pay more for their veg once the migrant workers depart East Anglia.  And be under no illusions, once things go tits up all those British Bulldogs demanding 'Democracy' and 'Taking Back Control' will be the first and the loudest to squeal like stuck pigs.  They really are a shower, these bams.

Edited by O'Kelly Isley III

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:

I've said that article 50 would be extended and brexit wouldn't happen (nap) for over a year now. This is what's happening. Article 50 will be extended to allow for a people's vote. I for one am delighted but it's a shocking afront to democracy

You've said about every other variation will happen anaw, mate. 

4 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

With the current state of political flux it really is a damned shame that there is no-one loudly banging the Remain drum.  Never mind all the economic and societal negatives, it's high time the hypocrisy of many Leave voters was called out.  

Perhaps Dimbleby could do a service by asking just how many Leavers in his next QT audience have paid an EU tradesman cash in hand for a job, or how many of these same folk would be willing to publicly declare that they would be quite happy to pay more for their veg once the migrant workers depart East Anglia.  And be under no illusions, once things go tits up all those British Bulldogs demanding 'Democracy' and 'Taking Back Control' will be the first and the loudest to squeal like stuck pigs.  They really are a shower, these bams.

I think the SNP have banged the remain drum but has had little UK coverage and not significantly more Scottish coverage.

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
1 hour ago, welshbairn said:
What makes you think another vote won't choose leave again?  The polls are almost exactly as they were before the last vote.

I don't know what polls you are looking at but most recent ones show a swing from Leave to Remain of around 4-5%.

The polls are saying the same now as they did before the last referendum. I don't know how I could make that clearer, even to Granny.

I think the SNP have banged the remain drum but has had little UK coverage and not significantly more Scottish coverage.

Ian Blackford isn’t the right man to lead the charge at WM I’m afraid. I think people just switch off.

21 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The polls are saying the same now as they did before the last referendum. I don't know how I could make that clearer, even to Granny.

So they got it wrong before therefore they will get it wrong again.  That’s some logic!

12 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Ian Blackford isn’t the right man to lead the charge at WM I’m afraid. I think people just switch off.

If by "people", you mean MPs from the opposition parties, then you would be right. But that has nothing to do with it being Ian Blackford and everything to do with the party which is constantly swept aside at Westminster.

Recall the latest NCSR poll (reported in the Independent) on a 2nd Vote, had the result reversed in favour of remain at 52/48. The complete disarray we have seen at Westminster over the last few weeks will surely have nudged that further apart, given that no-one seems to be satisfied with May’s proposed deal and most agreed that a ‘No deal’ is unthinkable. With time running out it seems to me that more and more people are edging towards the status quo. Who on earth wants to be worse off than we (The UK) are under the current arrangement as an EU member?

4 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Recall the latest NCSR poll (reported in the Independent) on a 2nd Vote, had the result reversed in favour of remain at 52/48. The complete disarray we have seen at Westminster over the last few weeks will surely have nudged that further apart, given that no-one seems to be satisfied with May’s proposed deal and most agreed that a ‘No deal’ is unthinkable. With time running out it seems to me that more and more people are edging towards the status quo. Who on earth wants to be worse off than we (The UK) are under the current arrangement as an EU member?

Actually, according to the polls, 26% back her deal while 34% back no deal/clean break While only around 40% oppose either.

If by "people", you mean MPs from the opposition parties, then you would be right. But that has nothing to do with it being Ian Blackford and everything to do with the party which is constantly swept aside at Westminster.

But, the only show in town?