Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

16 minutes ago, Detournement said:

We print our own money M8

I'm assuming that was a joke, either that or you're stocking up on Tesco Trolleys to carry your currency as you wander down for your paper and rolls in the morning................

3 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I'm assuming that was a joke, either that or you're stocking up on Tesco Trolleys to carry your currency as you wander down for your paper and rolls in the morning................

Have a look at UK borrowing costs. They reflect the fact we can't default.

The UK has been printing like crazy since the late 70s and the inflationary effect has been close to zero.

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

The UK has been printing like crazy since the late 70s and the inflationary effect has been close to zero.

Watch this space.

1 minute ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Do we have to?

Yes, it will be fun, certainly as much fun as listening to the never ending record of "leave means leave", "Brexit means Brexit", "the people have spoken", "democracy cannot be denied" etc, etc, etc.

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

Average UK house price in 1970 was around £5k. Average UK house price today is around £220k. Not all of it down to currency devaluation, but a huge part of it is. That being said, I would be delighted for you to keep devaluing the £. My GBP debt will be rendered almost worthless in time.

...and this.

People like Mogg saying we can leave on WTO rules but still keep a close relationship with Europe.  I wonder how close it will be if we try to get out of paying what we are due.
Like the slogan on the side of the bus this is another lie that the little Englander xenophobes are happy to buy into.
They need to be challenged on this - if they think the EU negotiations were tough the WTO ones will be worse.

Fucking scumbags need to be exposed for the charlatans they are.

28 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Average UK house price in 1970 was around £5k. Average UK house price today is around £220k. Not all of it down to currency devaluation, but a huge part of it is. That being said, I would be delighted for you to keep devaluing the £. My GBP debt will be rendered almost worthless in time.

A loaf of bread cost 9p in 1970.

In M&S yesterday I could have bought one for 55p. Pretty sure Also could beat that.

House inflation surely isn't a good measure given how much it's boomed (ready for a bust????)

An article from 2004 in the Guardian has some other measures and I'm surprised how little prices have moved in 14 years.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2004/mar/05/health.drugsandalcohol

Edited by Suspect Device

Fact is that once politicians are elected to Westminster, whether Tory, Labour or any other, they do not give a feck to what the voters think, all are elected on the party payroll and due to that patronage they toe the line and do what they are told, there is the odd revolt but that's soon quelled as May's confidence vote showed where the antis were bought off just as the DUP were after the GE.

We can all rant and speculate on the outcome but we will will as usual get what we are given, unless we don yellow vests and take to the streets but that will never happen.

That is life for us as given by the Westminster Government.

Independence is our only option to get away from Victorian style politics.

36 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

In M&S yesterday I could have bought one for 55p.

Stop the bus a wee minute here.

A 55p loaf in M&S.  

Of all the revelations during the Brexit debate, I find this the most shocking. Nothing in M&S costs 55p

9 minutes ago, I'm Brian said:

Stop the bus a wee minute here.

A 55p loaf in M&S.  

Of all the revelations during the Brexit debate, I find this the most shocking. Nothing in M&S costs 55p

I have to admit that I was shocked.

It wasn't a super soft loaf though. (£1.15)

Just an everyday loaf.

1 hour ago, Ross. said:

House prices have risen because supply has been restricted, the population has risen and a large section of the country have decided to become speculators aided by the government.

I'm not saying that there's not been inflation. I'm saying that there is no strong link between fiscal expansion and inflation. M1 money supply has increased by 2000% since 1986. The increase in consumer price inflation in the same period is 176%.