ICTFC V DFC

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CountryDave still a clueless old Highlander. Sitting on his rock up in the hills, thumping the screen of his phone with his finger-laden hands as he waits on his wife cooking the porridge over the stove.

I remember sitting in a boozer up in the Highlands where a group of old farmers were listening to the Braveheart speech before cheering loudly as they ferociously sipped their ale. Pretty much sums them all up. Still a rabid bunch of backwards b*****ds. The type who won't eat oriental food as it's foreign muck. Prefer the raw meat of a deer or the shaven scales of a cod. Fucking hairy b*****ds.

Unfortunately, just like the few Highland game fiends who mount their horse to the Caledonian stadia the players are stuck in the old days aswell. Hoof ball from the Inverness to be expected as they continue their descent to the Championship. 

Just like the Jacobite rebellion the Highlanders will be battered and beaten, however this time by the powerful Dundee. Sliced apart and left to rue the meeting ever happened, as the kilts of the Dundee are raised and the Highlanders are venemously slapped with the 16 inch Hulltoon boab.

3 1 Dundee.

Thank you.

6 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

What the feck has happened to this forum. We appear to have unearthed illiterates, eejits and now the Dundee representative of the Monster Crazy Loony Party. Thank gawd I have all that experience dealing with the mentally ill. Feck me I will need it.

Mate, you said "Aberdire". I would stop now if I was you.

0-3.  (Williams, Vincent, Ross).

I actually think Vincent will be a decent player for us. His pressing off the ball is good and he seems to make runs that are very clever but don't get noticed.

He kept on fucking up on the ball though and getting caught out trying to do the basics. Think it's more of a match practice thing though and was a sign that he has spent a while out.

Williams looked brilliant in Dingwall for the first game of the season and anonymous ever since. To be fair, he was forced into a defensive role on Saturday and handled what he he needed to do. Looks totally gutless though and gives off the wiff that he can't he fucked.

It may not be as simple as to play the same X1 as we did against Cellic - I actually hope NOT. Playing Cellic at home is different from playing Dungdee at home. Foran has emphasised how important it is to keep as many players in contention and starting as possible. We now have a bit of choice on who starts and what system to use. The back five, when fit and free from suspension, do simply pick themselves. Tansey appears to have become a Foran "shoe in" although he has improved significantly in recent games - and has been freed of "competition" with Draper and to a lesser degree Vigurs. I would put Polworth in beside Tansey. King also cant be dropped so it is a case of who plays wider. I can see Doran getting a start this time. I don't think that playing Draper in the hole with a typical centre forward works that well. I would be tempted to keep him high up the pitch but to play somebody with pace beside him. I would go for Boden but he appears to have lost brownie points. My second choice would be Fisher. I think that he is more mobile and, so far, looks as good in the air as Doombar. But he is the latest signing, a lesser version of a prodigal son. So I expect him to start but he can be hooked early doors if he doesn't make a mark. If Doombar plays I would like to see more width and the old fashioned attacking the bye line and providing fodder for Doombar and Draper to latch on to. I suspect that despite the P&B comments that Hartley's mentality will be to play both Vincent and Williams against their old team. Is Nicky Ross unfit or struggling to get in the side. At times I think that Nicky Ross is a bit Ryan Christie-esque and think that he could have done a great job at the TCS.

30 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

It may not be as simple as to play the same X1 as we did against Cellic - I actually hope NOT. Playing Cellic at home is different from playing Dungdee at home. Foran has emphasised how important it is to keep as many players in contention and starting as possible. We now have a bit of choice on who starts and what system to use. The back five, when fit and free from suspension, do simply pick themselves. Tansey appears to have become a Foran "shoe in" although he has improved significantly in recent games - and has been freed of "competition" with Draper and to a lesser degree Vigurs. I would put Polworth in beside Tansey. King also cant be dropped so it is a case of who plays wider. I can see Doran getting a start this time. I don't think that playing Draper in the hole with a typical centre forward works that well. I would be tempted to keep him high up the pitch but to play somebody with pace beside him. I would go for Boden but he appears to have lost brownie points. My second choice would be Fisher. I think that he is more mobile and, so far, looks as good in the air as Doombar. But he is the latest signing, a lesser version of a prodigal son. So I expect him to start but he can be hooked early doors if he doesn't make a mark. If Doombar plays I would like to see more width and the old fashioned attacking the bye line and providing fodder for Doombar and Draper to latch on to. I suspect that despite the P&B comments that Hartley's mentality will be to play both Vincent and Williams against their old team. Is Nicky Ross unfit or struggling to get in the side. At times I think that Nicky Ross is a bit Ryan Christie-esque and think that he could have done a great job at the TCS.

Complains about the forum then adds a journal of never ending tedium.

Got to X1 then thought f**k this.

Archived