ICTFC V DFC

On 9/20/2016 at 23:19, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

What the feck has happened to this forum. We appear to have unearthed illiterates, eejits and now the Dundee representative of the Monster Crazy Loony Party. Thank gawd I have all that experience dealing with the mentally ill. Feck me I will need it.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Och lets get back to the footie - as you lot are clearly no match for me :lol:

Here is a bit of the CTO Review posted by ma good mate Old Caley Girl :

A startling statistic is that Dundee have only ever beaten us once in 18 league matches from the 1st division into the SPL with their one win coming in our first ever season in the top flight, 17 games ago. They did of course win the Challenge Cup in 2009, but that doesn't count, does it?. Dundee have only picked up 3 points once this season so far, beating our neighbours in the first game of the season over the bridge. Since then they have managed 2 draws whilst losing to the Rangers and last week against Aberdeen. They are sitting in 8th but only one point ahead of us. So,Dundee come into this one without a win in their last five games. We are unbeaten in our last three after a slow start, should make for an interesting afternoon.

They appear to have recruited a fair few players pre-season including James Vincent and Danny Williams from ICT. Neither are apparently setting the heather on fire with Vincent carrying on his reputation of being made of fragile stuff. It is always nice to see Nick Ross and his move to secure a regular first team place seems to have worked out for him. There was one less than encouraging comment on Danny Williams from the excellent Pie & Bovril website. When asked by an Inverness fan how he was getting on, the reply was that "he should be melted down for glue." And that was one of the more polite replies. Sounds like a sticky end for our Danny.

The main ins after Vincent and Williams are defenders Kevin Gomis (Nice), Tom Hately, the former Motherwell player, (Slask Wroclaw), and Mark O'Hara (Killie). In charge of getting the goals will be Faissal el Bakhtaoui and Yordi Teijsse. They have lost some top quality however in the shape of Greg Stewart (Birmingham), striker Kane Hemmings (Oxford), Paul McGinn (Chesterfield) and Glorious Gary Harkins who could light up any stadium with his silky skills.

Richie Foran looks forward to this game with a touch of poignancy. His last outing as a player was in the final game of last season in a 4-0 win over Dundee where he scored a late penalty. But he sees this as the biggest game so far despite three excellent results against top sides. He said "Those were three tough games. Those will count for nothing if we don’t win on Saturday – this is our biggest game of the season so far. It’s huge."

1 hour ago, harry94 said:

Yeah, I think he stamped on someone's neck in a heads gone moment.

I had a stomach bug, it was freezing, I threw up in the Shankly toilets, new Red Dwarf was pish and to top it all off - I got hospitalised and made fun of by an Arab hospital porter.

Hopefully it's the same guy that got sacked after taunting James McPake as he lay with his knee in bits.

The only selection consideration is who to go with up front. I can see Foran giving Fisher the nod, mainly because he has a goal and will take confidence from it. Doumbaya did well against Celtic, as well as could be expected anyway, but I think we'll need to go with the guy in scoring form.

Be interesting to see how the midfield goes as well, will Draper be pushed up as he has been recently?

Hair raising stuff on BBC Sport:

Dundee winger Michael Duffy: "Everyone is just starting to hair gel together now," he said. "It's completely different dandruff attacking-wise. They had some great hair styles last year and did really well. But I think the partings are coming together.

"We have shown it in bald patches in games so hopefully we can take that on with hair replenishing products."

COME ON CALEY MON :thumsup2

1 hour ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Hair raising stuff on BBC Sport:

Dundee winger Michael Duffy: "Everyone is just starting to hair gel together now," he said. "It's completely different dandruff attacking-wise. They had some great hair styles last year and did really well. But I think the partings are coming together.

"We have shown it in bald patches in games so hopefully we can take that on with hair replenishing products."

COME ON CALEY MON :thumsup2

Is whatever he is on available to the general public????

Not any worse than what we have already and will shoot from more than 6 yards away

Hartley's already said he doesn't rate the development league and would rather they played real football first. There's too big a difference in quality, its why the likes of Josh Skelly etc are put to teams like Arbroath

Hartley's already said he doesn't rate the development league and would rather they played real football first. There's too big a difference in quality, its why the likes of Josh Skelly etc are put to teams like Arbroath

In other words, he wants players who are taller and run about more.

Archived