Oh Kez!!!

John Lambies Doos

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It rarely appears outside his website and twitter though. Comforting for Yessers but largely unknown outside his fanbase.  

That says more about the Establishment and their media lackeys.

15 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

That says more about the Establishment and their media lackeys.

Delusional conspiracy theory pish like this is why Yes will always scare away a large amount of undecideds. 

If you honestly think 2014 was lost because of Jackie Bird or the Daily Record as opposed to Salmond making a complete and utter f**k up of economic policy then there really is no hope for independence any time in the near future.

43 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I have never really ventured into his politics stuff, but every single thing he has ever written about football (most of it during the Rangers saga), was far from being "backed up with facts and figures". As already mentioned on this thread, he came on here ranting and raving about it and was very quickly debunked.

How long ago was this? If anyone knows the thread(s) I'd very much like to see it. 

16 minutes ago, Jason King said:

Delusional conspiracy theory pish like this is why Yes will always scare away a large amount of undecideds. 

If you honestly think 2014 was lost because of Jackie Bird or the Daily Record as opposed to Salmond making a complete and utter f**k up of economic policy then there really is no hope for independence any time in the near future.

There's absolutely no chance Wings Over Scotland should carry any weight at all in political discourse.  As we are seeing, he's just a sweary weirdo.

12 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

How long ago was this? If anyone knows the thread(s) I'd very much like to see it. 

Sadly most of it was probably culled, but there may be some remaining stuff in the BRALT if anyone wants to navigate those poisonous waters.

The main thing I remember was him sharing this blog post where he completely misunderstood the structure of the Champions League and erroneously suggested that Motherwell had a realistic chance of reaching the group stage.

54 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

He's a big fan of your Twitter work, unfortunately.

I assume this is @SPLstats and nothing to do with my personal politics given that I only very occasionally tweet anything political.

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Sadly most of it was probably culled, but there may be some remaining stuff in the BRALT if anyone wants to navigate those poisonous waters.

The main thing I remember was him sharing this blog post where he completely misunderstood the structure of the Champions League and erroneously suggested that Motherwell had a realistic chance of reaching the group stage.

I assume this is @SPLstats and nothing to do with my personal politics given that I only very occasionally tweet anything political.

"Dynamo Potato from Zigzagistan".

17 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

There's absolutely no chance Wings Over Scotland should carry any weight at all in political discourse.  As we are seeing, he's just a sweary weirdo.

He's not just that though and fine you know it.

Would you help us make up our mind if you are genuinely scared of him or are you trolling?

Can't believe the Yes da's have raised over 700 grand for him.
The game's gone.

They love to raise money for weirdo misogynists. Look at Salmond’s fundraiser.

You would think these people would see the optics of supporting these guys when all the polling suggested women were less likely to vote for independence in 2014.

6 minutes ago, sophia said:

He's not just that though and fine you know it.

Would you help us make up our mind if you are genuinely scared of him or are you trolling?

He worries me. I know he's more than just a sweary weirdo, but when you have someone who's such a prominent person in the indy movement being a total bigot, it doesn't help. I find him damaging no matter what he does.

It's a shame because he has done some great work on Wings, and his personality just completely overshadows it for so many people.

2 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

The wee blue book and his critical analysis of the media is brilliant but his personal views on sex/fitba should be separate from the wings account but he seems quite egotistical so wants as many viewers to his personal thoughts.

That's pretty much it. The last couple of days have just cemented the type of man he is.

She and the rest of the Scottish Labour MSPs cost every carer in the land over £440 by voting down an increase in their allowance.

Even the heartless b*****d Tories didn't do that, check out the Snake from the Rock, whos Twitter account paints herself as the Carers Champion.

Goes by the name of Claire Baker, Scottish Labour are vermin. 

Every Scottish Labour MSP voted it down, no shame whatsoever. 

14 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

He will lose and become some sort of McInfowars, then we can all move on from him.

I mean he's suing her so if he loses all that will happen is he won't get any money, not much reason for him to change his approach either way.

I don't really see how it will result in anybody moving on from him as at this point, people have pretty much already decided whether he's too much for them or not.

2 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

That defence seems more than enough to beat Wings argument, whatever that may be.  He doesn't seem to have a case at all. I'm really surprised the judge didn't tell him to do one.

I suspect you are right, the Rev is just chasing coin, and it's working.

I suspect the bone of contention is the "reasonably" bit. I'm not sure he is just chasing coin, as it's not like his annual fundraiser doesn't already massively outstrip some political parties revenues by this point. On the one hand, I can't see the accusation changing any minds about him, though "homophobic" is a killshot to public perception in a way that "transphobe" probably isn't quite at the moment.  My best guess is he was particularly bored and decided to pick a fight with a politician whom he had a particularly low opinion of, who he thought was taking a cheap shot at him. 

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

It rarely appears outside his website and twitter though. Comforting for Yessers but largely unknown outside his fanbase.  

The Wee Blue Book had an enormous impact when it came out. His journalism work is forensic in detail and can highlight the many inaccuracies in many newspapers. Just as I can't tell you anything about any newspaper journos, neither do I know anything about Campbell. Maybe it's best to concentrate on his work away from Twitter. Or ignore him.

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

I wouldn't like to know the actions of plenty of those who carry weight in every day political discourse, I've no doubt we've pervs and peados of varying degrees deciding what's good for us on a daily basis.

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

image.png.64e6093c16be621c0abd38a3a3ea4c21.png

On the other hand Bella is read by two folk and a dug, and has a tendency to fall down the infinite regression of left wing ideological purity and it's pseudo-intellectual labelling. Some of the authors on there, like Peter Arnott are pretty decent, but Mike Small himself is a fairly terrible writer: Campbell is far better at clearly making a point, whether that point is any good or not. 

Assuming a vibrant eco-system of alt-media is a necessary requirement to winning a future Indy-ref then we are pretty fucked.