Morton v Aberdeen

23 minutes ago, Elixir said:

That "fairly full" Inverness end that included a not full Famous Five Lower only. Terrific stuff.

Even if your fantasist thoughts were true about how crowds are announced, we would still be selling more tickets regardless. The (very few) empty seats are season ticket holders not turning up - that doesn't mean games aren't sold out or that we don't already have their money in the bank. I also hope you're not referring to the kiddies behind the goals who will leave before half-time to get ready for their kick about on the park.

Only Aberdeen fans could actuallly care about taking 200-300 more fans to away games. No wonder people want to get the f**k out of the place for the day, though. Fair play for continuing to go to Tynecastle as well I guess given the utter pumpings you get time and again.

Presumably you'll have evidence of your claim the Celtic game wasn't sold out?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36934942

Attendance: 16,777, minus 1,400 rhats. Decent maths there, m8.

We've been to Pittodrie already this season and you couldn't beat us - again. We'll pip you in the league this and it will be down to our superior head to head in the end.

Except your Aberdeen > Hearts theory holds up to absolutely no scrutiny whatsoever when we have utterly trounced Aberdeen for numbers of supporters through the gates throughout history. That's reality you absolute oddball.

The actual numbers through the gates are more like 13k-14k. You may have the money in the bank but Aberdeen still make more from home games due to your utterly pathetic hospitality takings:thumsup2

We would take much more than 200-300 extra to Tynecastle if we were given the tickets.

As for the Celtic game I only need to look at your ticket centre's twitter which was still trying to shift the tickets on the lunchtime of the game. Couldn't sell more than 15k home tickets:lol:

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Elixir said:

That "fairly full" Inverness end that included a not full Famous Five Lower only. Terrific stuff.

Even if your fantasist thoughts were true about how crowds are announced, we would still be selling more tickets regardless. The (very few) empty seats are season ticket holders not turning up - that doesn't mean games aren't sold out or that we don't already have their money in the bank. I also hope you're not referring to the kiddies behind the goals who will leave before half-time to get ready for their kick about on the park.

Only Aberdeen fans could actuallly care about taking 200-300 more fans to away games. No wonder people want to get the f**k out of the place for the day, though. Fair play for continuing to go to Tynecastle as well I guess given the utter pumpings you get time and again.

Presumably you'll have evidence of your claim the Celtic game wasn't sold out?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36934942

Attendance: 16,777, minus 1,400 rhats. Decent maths there, m8.

We've been to Pittodrie already this season and you couldn't beat us - again. We'll pip you in the league this and it will be down to our superior head to head in the end.

Except your Aberdeen > Hearts theory holds up to absolutely no scrutiny whatsoever when we have utterly trounced Aberdeen for numbers of supporters through the gates throughout history. That's reality you absolute oddball.

Please, slither off to your own cup semi-final thread.

Don't know if I've missed something here, (maybe from something previously in the thread) but asking for a later kick-off time to allow more fans to make the game in time doesn't seem entirely unreasonable.:unsure2: Any train I've got from Aberdeen to Fife/Edinburgh/Glasgow has taken no less than 21/4 hours, so I don't see the issue in having the game start a couple of hours later in the interest of more supporters making the game. 

I'm loving these tears and snotters.
We can only apologise for being 50mins/an hour away from the national stadium where all neutral semi-finals are held.
We've had the Aberdeen players cheering at getting us in the semi, and now this. Hope we get it right up them on the day with a win.

2 minutes ago, smpar said:

Don't know if I've missed something here, (maybe from something previously in the thread) but asking for a later kick-off time to allow more fans to make the game in time doesn't seem entirely unreasonable.:unsure2: Any train I've got from Aberdeen to Fife/Edinburgh/Glasgow has taken no less than 21/4 hours, so I don't see the issue in having the game start a couple of hours later in the interest of more supporters making the game. 

It does make a difference for live TV coverage and given that BT appear to have put a decent amount in for the rights, they simply can't put the game a couple of hours later.

1 minute ago, Randy Giles said:

It does make a difference for live TV coverage and given that BT appear to have put a decent amount in for the rights, they simply can't put the game a couple of hours later.

That might be the case, but what's so embarrassing and diddy-like about wanting the game scheduled for a different time to allow more supporters from the North to make it? Pretty reasonable request if you ask me.

If the SPFL had arranged it to be a 12:15 kick off at a ground within 45 minutes of Aberdeen and the Morton fans had to resort to a £60 3.5 hour each way (changing at Edinburgh) trip on the train at 7am (with no booze!), then I dare say the Morton support would feel rather aggrieved.

But since there's no suitable ground fitting the description then your analogy is absolutely pointless. Which is relevant to this because there's only so many grounds that could have held this game, and there's not much difference between Edinburgh and Aberdeen. Also, it's pretty clear that the kickoff time and date was not going to be any different in the event of an Old Firm semi final. So basically, we'd probably have accepted it and moved on like most of your own support have done. With a couple of exceptions it'd appear your lot have dealt with it well.

MPs and your club seem to be the moaners on this.

51 minutes ago, smpar said:

It can't be scheduled and televised at 3pm, so the options were either a lunchtime kick-off with an early start, or an evening kick-off with a late travel home in the dark. Both of which Aberdeen FC and their tear-stained fans would have found some way to get upset about. 

But since there's no suitable ground fitting the description then your analogy is absolutely pointless. Which is relevant to this because there's only so many grounds that could have held this game, and there's not much difference between Edinburgh and Aberdeen. Also, it's pretty clear that the kickoff time and date was not going to be any different in the event of an Old Firm semi final. So basically, we'd probably have accepted it and moved on like most of your own support have done. With a couple of exceptions it'd appear your lot have dealt with it well.

MPs and your club seem to be the moaners on this.

Hampden is hardly a suitable ground for a 12:15 kick off but that didn't stop them. Easter Road made for more sense in terms of capacity, views of the pitch and actually getting there with the train works going on. There is also no reason why two Glasgow clubs couldn't have played at the early slot on the Saturday with Dons vs Morton on the Sunday but we let the f*cking police control our game.

The SPFL don't give a shit about the supporters as they're quite happy to feed off the scraps that the tv companies give them. They've made it as difficult as possible for our support to attend a national semi final, as they have done in the past with Inverness and Ross County. The majority of fans have got on with it which is admirable but thousands will vote with their feet and not go.

The club was keen to stick up for the fans but if they really cared about it they would have put on subsidised buses to help us actually get there. As for the MSP's, their involvement is nonsense.

24 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

If the SPFL had arranged it to be a 12:15 kick off at a ground within 45 minutes of Aberdeen and the Morton fans had to resort to a £60 3.5 hour each way (changing at Edinburgh) trip on the train at 7am (with no booze!), then I dare say the Morton support would feel rather aggrieved.

Except for the rather important facts that Scotland's national football stadium is based within 45 minutes of Civilisation, whereas all there is within 45 minutes of Aberdeen are teuchter bumpkins and their livestock. Rather decisive flaws in your analogy there, given that we're choosing the venue for a national cup semi-final and not the Royal Agricultural Show. 

Archived