Morton v Aberdeen

1 hour ago, lubo_blaha said:

Scotrail have put on a football special service for the Dons support. Would have been nice if they'd done it 3 weeks ago before people had actually sorted travel out or paid the more expensive train fares.

If you go to the station that you bought your tickets from then they will refund any difference and book you on to the football special train.

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Morton can't shift 5,000 for this game then that is a really poor effort. I'd hope Aberdeen could take near 15,000 or so but I'd expect it to be a bit off of that.

If there's 20,000 at Hampden then it wouldn't be a travesty, like the DR was suggesting.

Personally, I think a neutral gate would be a good idea. Might attract a few locals.

Personally, I think a neutral gate would be a good idea. Might attract a few locals.

Not at £25 for a semi. That's an ok enough price for fans of the teams but for a neutral its a complete turn off.

6 hours ago, shootingboots said:

Nobody actually cares m8y.

One person obviously cares very,very much.

What does this "Bigger crowds than Aberdeen trophy" actually look like?

Makes Aberdeen's honours list even more impressive considering their shite crowds in a far away city.

On 10/13/2016 at 09:34, jmothecat said:

Still over a week to go and I think they started selling their tickets later than Aberdeen did. 3,000 for a team the size of Morton is pretty decent really with plenty of time for them to sell more. It isn't as if there will be panic for tickets for this one.

Decent? It is very poor imho a club the size of Morton should be getting at least 6000 imho. Saying that we are not much better with about 9,000 sold. 

Thinking about playing at Hampden and come to the opinion although it is going to be shite atmosphere with only 15,000 in ground but at least the players will get a chance of playing on the pitch which if they get through then at least Rangers/Celtic won't have an advantage.  

Aberdeen will sell around or less than than their normal home attendance while Morton will see about a 300% increase on their home attendances at least all things told.

If it's a poor effort from either team I'd be looking a lot more north than greenock.

6 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Aberdeen will sell around or less than than their normal home attendance while Morton will see about a 300% increase on their home attendances at least all things told.

If it's a poor effort from either team I'd be looking a lot more north than greenock.

So credit to Morton then, a cracking turnout?

I'll be disappointed but not one bit surprised if we take less than 5k. Years of underachievement and mismanagement from the Rae's have driven many people away from Cappielow who quite clearly aren't even arsed enough to come back for this. 

I'm loving these tears and snotters.
We can only apologise for being 50mins/an hour away from the national stadium where all neutral semi-finals are held.
We've had the Aberdeen players cheering at getting us in the semi, and now this. Hope we get it right up them on the day with a win.

All neutral semi-finals aren't held at Hampden.

Though it's being held just down the road from Greenock and the other side of the country from Aberdeen. Plus this is the third cup semi-final for Aberdeen in the past three years, whereas in guessing this is once in a generation stuff for Morton fans.

In saying that I'm quite impressed with the numbers they are taking, more than I had imagined they would.

18 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

turns out Morton are a tiddly wee club with no fans after all hmmmmmm

Oh well better just hand Aberdeen the tie now. They've won the crowd.

Archived