Morton v Aberdeen

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone is going on about our poor record at Hampden but our squad has been dreadful in the last 20 years. This squad is capable of special things and if they play at a level they have done in the last two games then they will win by 3 or 4. If Hayes, Maddison, McGinn have an off day then Morton have a very good chance as Championship teams have proved in the past that a one-off games they can beat the higher league opposition. 

The kid Maddison is someone very special which looks a player that will go on to be a top player in the English top league - I really can't believe we have got someone that good in the team and the last two performances against Killie and Ross County he has been fantastic not to mention that goal against Rangers. 

as long as the Dons play as well as theyve played the last 3-4 games then they should run out winners by a couple of goals

a second final for mcinnes would be happy days.

Ross Forbes suspended? Will he be much of a miss?

as long as the Dons play as well as theyve played the last 3-4 games then they should run out winners by a couple of goals

a second final for mcinnes would be happy days.

Ross Forbes suspended? Will he be much of a miss?

He's had a hand in almost every goal we've scored this season, so, aye.

Incidentally that'll be me at Hampden 3 weekends in a row, seeing six different teams, in three different competitions. Can't be often that happens!

Looking forward to the inevitable week long hand wringing from me as I stress myself out beyond belief over a silly old game.

Forbes will be a sore miss. Seems to just keep the score sheet ticking for us this season.

I think there's also something to be said for erasing bookings after the group stages in this tournament, especially when some teams don't even play in it. We've had 4 more games and getting somewhat punished for it. Reckon that should be looked at.

40 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Forbes will be a sore miss. Seems to just keep the score sheet ticking for us this season.

I think there's also something to be said for erasing bookings after the group stages in this tournament, especially when some teams don't even play in it. We've had 4 more games and getting somewhat punished for it. Reckon that should be looked at.

Forbes was booked against Hamilton and Dundee Utd. Quitongo also has two bookings, but isn't suspended because one was in the group stage. I don't know the actual rules, but something must be wiped out at some stage. 

12 hours ago, shootingboots said:

If we play well we'll win it's as simple as that. 

Aye because every team who plays well automatically wins. Celtic had 25 shots and 27 corners against us 3 years ago but we won 1-0.

No doubt you are strong favourites but playing well guarantees feck all. 

5 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Fair enough. Is it 2 bookings and you're out then? That is harsh.

Two bookings after the group stage.

Aberdeen have Shinnie, Maddison and Jack all one yellow away from missing a (possible) final.

7 minutes ago, madton said:

Aye because every team who plays well automatically wins. Celtic had 25 shots and 27 corners against us 3 years ago but we won 1-0.

No doubt you are strong favourites but playing well guarantees feck all. 

if they are taking 25 shots and not scoring, they are not playing well.

Archived