Morton v Aberdeen

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Alex_14 said:

I don't really care about the attendance, I'm looking forward to a marvellous game of football. 

I'm looking at the bigger picture.   If our support has fallen away to the point we can't muster a decent support for a semi final then the damage done by the Rae family may be permanent.  A decade ago we'd have taken 10,000 to this.  Worrying times.

33 minutes ago, Alex_14 said:

I don't really care about the attendance, I'm looking forward to a marvellous game of football. 

You and elixir both. Oh no, hold on a minute..

On 12 October 2016 at 19:24, TheGoon said:

Please, slither off to your own cup semi-final thread.

According to the diet **** the league cup is a diddy tournament.

this is only because they haven't managed to win it for 54 years.

there crowds however are impressive considering how brutal they are on the eye.

2 hours ago, Alex_14 said:

I hope so too. It would be a shame if we simply sworded you, let's keep it competitive.

On 17/10/2016 at 16:27, glasgow-sheep said:

Any idea who the ref is?

Kevin Clancy.

On 17/10/2016 at 21:51, tarapoa said:

It's irrelevant, starting position for a final is 50/50, once the 8k or so corporates have been deducted.

Only if one club decline a certain amount, does it then get offered to their opponent.

In the event of AFC reaching the final, we'd undoubtedly be up against a Daily Record hotline/Radio Clyde phone-in campaign to pressurise Doncaster and co to give the unwashed more due to the numbers that jumped off the No.5 bus to go their semi-final (all of 2 miles from their ground).

Looking more and more like this should have been played at Easter Road.

I can't see them offering us any less than half considering we sold (officially) 43,000 for the final just two years ago.

Morton if they make it will probably get as many as they want too.

14 hours ago, Karl Fletcher said:

At least the crowd won't be as low as this

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_cups/9454891.stm

It should hopefully beat the 11,996 at the last Morton-Aberdeen semi at Hampden.

Apparently Morton fans outnumbered Aberdeen that day.

11 hours ago, shootingboots said:

Looks like the crowd will be around the 16-17k mark then. 

Slightly down on Celtic's semi vs Ross County (22k) last year and Dundee United v Hibs (19k) in the Scottish Cup.

not sure why there's so much fuss about the crowd, kick off time put paid to a bumper crowd. For a comparison when it was a 3oclock kick off vs Dundee United in January 2015 the crowd was 29,000.

If Elixir pays another visit, don't let him forget Hearts-Inverness in 2014 at Easter Road was 12,762.

It's good to see that, after many years of getting knocked out by diddies in earlier rounds, (a tradition we briefly resurrected last year) the dons fans have become blasé about semi finals.

We should win comfortably.

We will probably struggle. I personally fear that we will lose. I have vague memories of Morton being a serious bogey team.

On a more serious note, Jim Duffy looks like a potato.

I wonder if there's this much moaning from Newcastle fans if they've got a 12.30 k.o. against Southampton?

I'll be leaving the house at 6 same as when I had a job. No great hardship. Arrive at Queen St. 10.21. OK, not enough time to get a good drink in me but when you sell your soul for thruppence, you've got to just get on with it.

Dons fans do like a good moan though. Never happier than when they're moaning. :)

I wonder if there's this much moaning from Newcastle fans if they've got a 12.30 k.o. against Southampton?

I'll be leaving the house at 6 same as when I had a job. No great hardship. Arrive at Queen St. 10.21. OK, not enough time to get a good drink in me but when you sell your soul for thruppence, you've got to just get on with it.

Dons fans do like a good moan though. Never happier than when they're moaning. [emoji4]

Not drink on the train?

I get your drift about people just having to suck it up suspect but I think it's the lack of choice that you get for this sort of kick off time that irritates people. Eg if this was a 3pm kick off, you'd still get some buses leaving at 8am in order to get to Glasgow, find a pub and get a few beers, however, you'd also have the option to leave at 10 or 11 and just head straight for the ground. Add to that the reduced options in public transport and the fact that the second semi between two Glasgow based clubs is a 2.15 ko then I think there are legitimate gripes among the AFC support.

There's clearly a difference between having to travel a large distance for a league game compared to a semi-final. In England the FA cup semi-finals are held on the Saturday evening and Sunday afternoon which makes it much easier for travel. That's the kind of time our game should have been on.

2 hours ago, AberDon said:

Can't drink on trains between the hours of 10 am and 10 pm, and trains out of Aberdeen on away days are almost always dry. Just means that folk drink vodka instead and get twice as drunk.

Can't drink between 9pm and 10am I think you mean

Archived