Morton v Aberdeen

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My personal record watching Aberdeen at Hampden is 0/4. I've never been to a Scotland game at Hampden, so I can't even say that I've seen them win there. On a more positive note, we scored at least once in every one of those semi-finals that I've attended. Unfortunately, on every occasion, the opposition successfully managed to outscore us. I hope that changes tomorrow!

Hopefully McInnes isn't tempted to try anything too outlandish with the line-up. I would like to see him naming the same team as started last weekend, except with Reynolds replacing Taylor. I'm not entirely sure what the state of play is with Jack, but, although he is our captain, it is perhaps difficult to justify changing the midfield after our last couple of performances and results. I suppose that's a good dilemma to have in the coming weeks. My optimistic prediction is for Aberdeen to win 3-1 within 90 minutes; but, as is almost always the case in cup competitions but especially in the latter stages, I would be content with any sort of victory - even more so when I've never seen us win at the national stadium before.

I'm usually nervous as hell and as a serial pessimist that thinks we'll get pumped against every team we play, but for some reason i've been feeling slightly confident this week, and i have no idea why.

2 minutes ago, port-ton said:

I'm usually nervous as hell and as a serial pessimist that thinks we'll get pumped against every team we play, but for some reason i've been feeling slightly confident this week, and i have no idea why.

This kind of confident talk is exactly what will get us pumped. Predictions of losing 5-0, just hoping to keep it competitive etc will surely lead to a Quitongo inspired swording.

22 minutes ago, port-ton said:

You're a lower division side playing The Dons, that's why.

1 minute ago, AberDon said:

Why are Glaswegians so short, round, and orange? A disgusting species.

Jimmy Calderwood isn't the only Glaswegian. There's a reason that fat satsuma was sent north.

Think our biggest issue going into tomorrow's game is McInnes tbh. Had one of the gormless, clown-car managers who led Aberdeen to so many cup defeats been in charge then there'd be good grounds for confidence (Aberdeen have a better side too: but they still had a better side and lost to the likes of Queen of the South). Since Saturday evening McInnes has said and done everything to avoid any complacency going into the match. If we can keep it tight then we'll have a goal threat - set pieces have been excellent; a centre-back partnership of Reynolds and Considine is one that Quitongo could enjoy - but keeping the game tight is going to be difficult. 

Think our biggest issue going into tomorrow's game is McInnes tbh. Had one of the gormless, clown-car managers who led Aberdeen to so many cup defeats been in charge then there'd be good grounds for confidence (Aberdeen have a better side too: but they still had a better side and lost to the likes of Queen of the South). Since Saturday evening McInnes has said and done everything to avoid any complacency going into the match. If we can keep it tight then we'll have a goal threat - set pieces have been excellent; a centre-back partnership of Reynolds and Considine is one that Quitongo could enjoy - but keeping the game tight is going to be difficult. 

O'Connor will play centre half, most likely.

18 minutes ago, AberDon said:

Walking around Glasgow is like being in Willy Wonka's chocolate factory.

Yeah well maybe you should go to specsavers also then because you couldn't see driving home the other night because you don't even wear your glasses on tv in case you get slagged of so you just stick to specsavers and i'll do the game.

Archived