Morton v Aberdeen

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Wren Road said:

How do you know this precise figure? Not being an arse , genuine question

Well, someone said over a week ago that they'd been told by someone at the club that we'd just about sold 3000. Seems reasonable to claim that we've sold 2874 tickets by now.

2 minutes ago, Wren Road said:

1 post ago it was a reasonable claim. I'd say it will be >2874. Willing to bet on this figure?

I'm willing to bet just about anything you like that we've sold 2874 tickets. 

35 minutes ago, coprolite said:

can't wait till we find out the final ticket numbers on Saturday. The match is going to be an anti climax after this. Still, whoever wins gets to have ticket based repartee with c***c fans for the final, so it will be worth watching.

If Morton pull it off with a travelling army of 3000 i still demand we get at least 20000 tickets for the final.  Tears and snotters everywhere. 

On 19/10/2016 at 14:07, Suspect Device said:

10k is very poor, no matter what the ko time is.

It really isn't. We're the only support in Scotland who beat ourselves up about our own crowds. 

No other team in Scotland would take over 10,000 to a lunchtime kick-off that is 3 hours away against lower league opposition.

That includes the Old Firm. Had Celtic been playing Morton at Pittodrie it wouldn't sell out.

Hearts sold less than we have for their last LC semi and it was in their own city.

10k (actually nearer 11k) is an excellent return. 

We have a pretty small support considering the size of city. It's always been like that though.

Given that it's a rather big jobs magnet for folk across the whole UK and much further afield with a rather large student population, it's not particularly surprising tbh.

In over a decade spread across a few different offices, none of them have had any more than 20% 'true' Aberdonians working there.

This evening I'm meeting up with about 10 mates for a gig (all Scottish because I must be xenophobic or something). Only four of us are football fans, comprising supporters of Brechin, Motherwell, Caley and a Man Utd fan who doesn't give a s**t about Scottish football.

Just a couple of examples from a place which has had a rather unimpressive and overpriced team for the past couple of decades.

3 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Given that it's a rather big jobs magnet for folk across the whole UK and much further afield with a rather large student population, it's not particularly surprising tbh.

In over a decade spread across a few different offices, none of them have had any more than 20% 'true' Aberdonians working there.

This evening I'm meeting up with about 10 mates for a gig (all Scottish because I must be xenophobic or something). Only four of us are football fans, comprising supporters of Brechin, Motherwell, Caley and a Man Utd fan who doesn't give a s**t about Scottish football.

Just a couple of examples from a place which has had a rather unimpressive and overpriced team for the past couple of decades.

Walter trout?

Archived