Work Events/Nights out.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, philpy said:

The jam house in queen street in edinburgh next friday. I've drawn the short straw to work the saturday. c***s.

When you were picking they were all short straws. Take the hint

I work in a restaurant so we never had our night out til after the new year when we quietened down but going out tonight this time round. Dinner at Guys I'm merchant city then one of the waiters is leading a pub crawl of sorts. I'd rather find somewhere decent and stay there rather than move around but hey ho, might as well make the best of it

Probably did...

Drinking soft drinks at a night out is the sign of a tosser.

This year mines is on a week on Friday. I live 15 miles up the road. Taxi won't run there after a certain time, so decision time.

Go and have a couple of slow pints, or not bother to turn up.

It 'grates' not to take advantage of a free bar, but...

Ours is in a hotel a week on Friday, meal followed by boozing. Being one of only two guys there with about 60 women, there can be some absolute scenes when some of the once a year drinkers have their third prosecco of the evening.

Had a night out for a select few from work on Friday there and got annihilated. Healthy dose of the fear for going back in tomorrow.

Ours is in a hotel a week on Friday, meal followed by boozing. Being one of only two guys there with about 60 women, there can be some absolute scenes when some of the once a year drinkers have their third prosecco of the evening.

Had a night out for a select few from work on Friday there and got annihilated. Healthy dose of the fear for going back in tomorrow.

The Fear!! Ha ha.. hate that, usually fine tho

2 hours ago, Njord said:

Not drinking?

Have done, well, stuck to 2 or 3 pints as I was driving.

It was shite.

You really are a proper pish stained jakey aren't you?

3 pints because you were driving? Not drinking on a night out makes you a tosser?

Fucking hell, seek help.

Having "just 3 pints" because you're driving is like having a Diet Coke with your fish and chips because you're on a diet.

But more dangerous. 

My work has theirs on 17th, they decided to do a joint christmas night out with someone's retirement leaving night so have geared it towards something she'd enjoy

on that basis and the fact it's 50 quid just to get in the door, i have gracefully declined the offer 

all us younger ones at work have decided to go out on the sunday instead and just do a pub crawl 

Ours was on Friday. Thankfully I never went but seeing some of the photos on Facebook it's was just the usual suspects acting like fleas around a steaming big toley

I've been to them in the past and never really enjoyed them and vowed I'd not be going again.

Usually we have a "pals" type one on Black Friday with about 5 or 6 normal folk without the arse rimmers

Archived