Work Events/Nights out.

Don't know how you can think your okay to drive after having "a couple" of beers. 

I was out for a meal on wednesday night and someone bought me a Blue Becks (Non-Alcoholic) - It was enjoyable but usually i'll stick with cola or sprite when i'm driving. 

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, welshbairn said:

My evidence is direct and personal, and not subject to peer review. My driving is far better after 3 weak pints than having my angry sister screaming at me.

Then untie her and let her out of the back of your van.

A decent pub will have a 3.5% option. If you can't drive safely after 3 pints you shouldn't be allowed to drink, far less drive.

My evidence is direct and personal, and not subject to peer review. My driving is far better after 3 weak pints than having my angry sister screaming at me.

1. Your sister is probably screaming at you for drink driving

2. You shouldn't be allowed to drink purely for seeking out weak pints

The comment earlier that you can drive after 3 pints and be ok unless you're swerving about, aye maybe. But what if one of your brake or tail lights pop? The polis will pull you in for that and as soon as they detect booze they'll breathalyse you and especially in party season, they will likely test most people they pull in at night. It's just far too risky. 

Surely the risk of killing someone is what we should be concerned about, not the risk if getting caught drink driving?

55 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

they will likely test most people they pull in at night. It's just far too risky. 

There we have it folks, the reason Gunther doesn't drink and drive is because he doesn't want to risk getting caught. He doesn't give a shit about any innocents being maimed because he can't control his motor due to being under the influence.

I genuinely hope a drunk driver melts you into a wall you selfish fucking c**t. 

What Gunther has come out with is the typical attitude of a drink driver though as I was mentioning before, have seen this sort of attitude numerous times after folk have been caught and feel they are hard done by.

1 hour ago, throbber said:

What Gunther has come out with is the typical attitude of a drink driver though as I was mentioning before, have seen this sort of attitude numerous times after folk have been caught and feel they are hard done by.

And is the exact attitude of welshbairn on the previous page. Actively defending his drink driving as if the only issue is that he could get caught.

Only time I ever used to drive after a pint was a quick one after work. Even then it'd always be a shandy of a 2.8% lager. Nowadays I don't even think about it.

I felt bad enough after what was effectively a half, let alone 2/3 full pints. That's not something to be shouting about and certainly anyone who does it deserves the punishment it entails.

In fairness to WTM's post above my recent experience of playing video games when pished is that it makes me a much better driver. I doubt if I were to drive a 200mph car in real life after six pints that this would be the case, though.

I'm quite the opposite. If I'm pished and pop on GTA or Watch Dogs I tend to intentionally mount the curb and maul folk to death. All the while I'm laughing uncontrollably. The only time I concentrate is when I don't wipe someone out in one go and have to quickly reverse over them to get the job done.

This is clearly the main reason I wouldn't drive drunk.

I tend to intentionally mount the curb and maul folk to death. All the while I'm laughing uncontrollably. The only time I concentrate is when I don't wipe someone out in one go and have to quickly reverse over them to get the job done.

Imagine bragging about that after the last week's affairs on P&B. Have a word with yourself.

And is the exact attitude of welshbairn on the previous page. Actively defending his drink driving as if the only issue is that he could get caught.

Yeah - it's an older generation thing with people who live in rural parts though, many of them will talk about those Halcyon days you could drive to the pub and have a few drinks and drive back home without the fear of a weekend in the cells, a driving ban/fine and a good chance of losing your job. Changed days!

Just now, throbber said:

Yeah - it's an older generation thing with people who live in rural parts though, many of them will talk about those Halcyon days you could drive to the pub and have a few drinks and drive back home without the fear of a weekend in the cells, a driving ban/fine and a good chance of losing your job. Changed days!

Just because they used to get away with it doesn't make it alright now, and the bragging about doing it is in very poor taste.

2 minutes ago, throbber said:

My pals dad was in the police for a few years, he told me they always knew who the drunk drivers were, but could never catch them at it because they'd take alternate routes in the countryside to avoid them. 

Told me a story about another officer being pulled over drunk not long after he started, they just laughed it down, parked his car up and dropped him off. Mental. 

this was back in the 70's and 80's, but wouldn't surprise me if this was still happening in the 90's. 

I hear stories about the part time fire brigade in a certain area and if they got a call out it would be a case of finding anyone sober enough to drive the wagon!

This is probably not going back all that long ago as well.

I hear stories about the part time fire brigade in a certain area and if they got a call out it would be a case of finding anyone sober enough to drive the wagon!

This is probably not going back all that long ago as well.

This happens quiet a lot here in the rural parts.

We had a fire at a little house shop a few months ago. The fire brigade couldn't respond as it was after hours and the only person at the station didn't have a drivers licence. Think yourselves lucky.

Archived