Work Events/Nights out.

I've seen this mentioned before - what have I missed?

Can't remember who said it first but I'm pretty sure it's a reference to bosses being grassed to after the Skidmarks scandal. Although it wouldn't be unlike me to get the complete wrong end of the stick.

I must also add that my reply to 19QOS19 was meant in 100% seriousness.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'm quite the opposite. If I'm pished and pop on GTA or Watch Dogs I tend to intentionally mount the curb and maul folk to death. All the while I'm laughing uncontrollably. The only time I concentrate is when I don't wipe someone out in one go and have to quickly reverse over them to get the job done.

This is clearly the main reason I wouldn't drive drunk.

I was meaning actual real racing games. Last time this happened I was having trouble with one, couldn't keep the thing on the track, pass anyone, nothing. I think it'll be a good idea that night when I'm pished, easy. Batter it first time. I can't remember playing anything else after a drink so I've no idea what I'd be like. I'm quite boring when it comes to sandbox games so probably not a great deal of difference.

Can't remember who said it first but I'm pretty sure it's a reference to bosses being grassed to after the Skidmarks scandal. Although it wouldn't be unlike me to get the complete wrong end of the stick.

I must also add that my reply to 19QOS19 was meant in 100% seriousness.

If your response to mine was indeed serious then I'm struggling to connect the dots between a game and something that's happened on here?

If your response to mine was indeed serious then I'm struggling to connect the dots between a game and something that's happened on here?

I was taking the piss. :lol:

Thought you were better than that, man.

I was taking the piss. :lol:

Thought you were better than that, man.

I did think it was a pisstake as I didn't have you down as an easily offended character. The second message had me thinking that someone on another thread had me ran over or something!

For future reference, without the use of emoji's I'm fucking useless at interpreting what is tongue-in-cheek on here :lol:

Apparently the police got called due to a massive fight at our do. I somehow managed to miss all the action, probably too busy throwing some shapes.

I'm your man!

Dancing with unhinged women that you would usually walk pasted.
Our work night out always was lunch with drinks and more drinks. Assistant director always during the night would sneak away and reappear as Gary Glitter. I did ask him on my last time at that company, why he stopped. I a drunked smug way. Uproar

13 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

For future reference, without the use of emoji's I'm fucking useless at interpreting what is tongue-in-cheek on here :lol:

You must be absolutely lost without 8MileBU.

I was camping with a girlfriend and after sharing a bottle of Stoli she decided she wanted to have a shot of my new (ancient rustbucket) car so took it for a spin round the campsite. Fortunately she never ran over anyone in their tents but the camp commandant boy came out and was chasing her about shouting at her to stop. She was breaking the "no driving about after 11pm" rules. 

I was camping with a girlfriend and after sharing a bottle of Stoli she decided she wanted to have a shot of my new (ancient rustbucket) car so took it for a spin round the campsite. Fortunately she never ran over anyone in their tents but the camp commandant boy came out and was chasing her about shouting at her to stop. She was breaking the "no driving about after 11pm" rules. 

You know the rules. Bird or car. Gtf

Many moons ago was at a house party in London. During the even a police car appears outside, 2 cops wander down the path and come in the house.

The go in the kitchen and spend about 2hours with their radios turned down, chatting to one fo the female hosts of the party, myself and a couple of others

and drinking bottles of beer. After skiving for no inconsiderable period of their they left and drove off into the night with no possibility that either was fit to drive.

This would be approx 1991.

Thankfully attitudes, for the majority, have greatly changed.

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Spartans Telly said:

It's the work xmas do tomorrow night, there's a £10 fine (that goes in the drinks kitty obvz), for those no wearing a christmas jumper, I bought a jumper, cost me £24, I could have saved myself £14 by not wearing one but that's not what it's about eh?

Happy Crimbo

Sakes. Could've just made yourself one out of a plain old jumper and some of the wife's lipstick.

now-i-have-a-machine-gun-ho-ho-ho-crewne

33 minutes ago, Spartans Telly said:

It's the work xmas do tomorrow night, there's a £10 fine (that goes in the drinks kitty obvz), for those no wearing a christmas jumper, I bought a jumper, cost me £24, I could have saved myself £14 by not wearing one but that's not what it's about eh?

Happy Crimbo

Fingers crossed it's not one of those 'let's pretend we're all going to wear a silly Christmas jumper to see if he turns up in one' situations. ;)

5 minutes ago, Spartans Telly said:

No mandatory, Kinky. One of the lads plays for Spartans so it's gotta be a Saturday.

I'm not embarrassed to say I'd support either of the Glesgae cheeks if they are in Europe (obvz not when they play against the big Manchester team though).

I won't argue with you (unlike me) or even debate your Glasgow team (unlike me).  Hope you have a brilliant night and are vaguely conscious on Sunday to give us a wee report.

Archived