Work Events/Nights out.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Had a Christmas night out in London and the night started at my bosses' flat on the Thames. One of the ladies from the office was having trouble finding it so being a gentleman so I went down and ushered her into the lift. She was pretty big but the lift was up to the task. Sadly, I was off my tits and literally bouncing off the walls and the lift stopped. She panicked and a detached voice came through the speakers to say help was on the way but it would be a couple of hours. After a few calls to colleagues help arrived and we forced the door and extracted the lady. 

We were due to get a limo to our destination but again, gravity scuppered the plans as the limo rode a little lower than usual due to a couple of wide loads on board. The underside of the limo got impaled on the keep to the development's security gates (just a wee bit of metal poking up from the ground) so we all had to get taxis. 

Good to set the tone for the night when you've fucked the building's lift and left a limo wedged in the gates, blocking any residents from getting their cars in or out until the next day. 

How is big Nessa fae Gavin and Stacey?

Starting a new job on the 12th and been invited to the Christmas hangar party on the 16th, all food and booze paid for! Sounds decent but I'll take it very easy as I'm the new boy and don't want to make a tit of myself before everyone knows I'm a tit!

9 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

What sort of animals have their Christmas night out on a Saturday? The only reason I attend is due to the fact it's essentially another day off work. I've never worked for a company that had a Christmas night out in on a Saturday.

Best day for a Christmas lunch/night out is either a Friday or a Thursday.

Mine this year is on a Saturday, which is pish. Last year it was a Friday night after the last shift before the holidays so a couple of us who lived a wee bit away just got a carryout and tanked that before walking around the corner to the local bowling club for a free bar and a meal. Superb. 

This year it's in a pub at 7 o'clock on a Saturday. Clyde are at home so I don't really have an excuse not to go. 

9 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

What sort of animals have their Christmas night out on a Saturday? 

7 minutes ago, Chris_DK said:

Mine this year is on a Saturday, which is pish.

The only way to justify a Saturday Xmas soirée is by offering free/cheap rooms in a decent hotel for attendees...which can be quite fun.  As long as it's not a 'bring your partner' do.

44 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

The only way to justify a Saturday Xmas soirée is by offering free/cheap rooms in a decent hotel for attendees...which can be quite fun.  As long as it's not a 'bring your partner' do.

The work is based in the west end as does where everyone at the work lives and I live in Cumbernauld so it's a bit shite for me. Trying to get a taxi will be murder. 

Mind you last year I ended up at a flat in Govan so wasn't all bad. I think. 

2 minutes ago, Chris_DK said:

The work is based in the west end as does where everyone at the work lives and I live in Cumbernauld so it's a bit shite for me. Trying to get a taxi will be murder. 

Mind you last year I ended up at a flat in Govan so wasn't all bad. I think. 

Cumbernauld...so bad as to make Govan look good?

It was alright. Took forever to find parking in Bham city centre so missed the first course, and the other two courses were fairly shite. What sort of c***s serve ONE pig in blanket? Tight b*****ds.

Night got better as I got drunk. Women look a lot better when dolled up and wearing short skirts.

Shots were had a few times, and so my plan to carry the night on changed into a plan to go home after the venue closed.

Still, will probably do it again next year.

Second Xmas in my current work place (and last if all goes well in the new year) and they don't really do an organised Xmas night out which suits me just fine. So departments sort it out but most of my department (they've all been there 8-20 years) don't get on so none of them will go for it. Again, which I'm completely OK with.

Archived