Work Events/Nights out.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got black eyes from a Christmas night out a couple of years back. One of the girls asked if it hurt to get hit in the face at boxing. "Not really" I told her. She then proceeded to randomly punch me in the face throughout the evening. I forgot folk are wearing gloves, rather than rings when they punch you at boxing. Plus she had a few extra stone on my sparring partners. 

I got black eyes from a Christmas night out a couple of years back. One of the girls asked if it hurt to get hit in the face at boxing. "Not really" I told her. She then proceeded to randomly punch me in the face throughout the evening. I forgot folk are wearing gloves, rather than rings when they punch you at boxing. Plus she had a few extra stone on my sparring partners. 

Wid

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

That's what he told the wife. Actually he tried it on and got knocked back (literally).

We got the email about our Christmas party yesterday, it's on Friday 2nd December.  So it's basically a summer party.

It's also in the centre of Inverness. Obviously, having a Christmas night out across the road from Wetherspoons is a fantastic idea.

Ours is on the 17th of December. Dinner at the Merchant City then onto a pub.Everything paid for  by the work for the 14 of us.This will be my 20th and they're usually a great laugh.Best laugh was when we we went to the now defunct Inn on the Green and one of our directors who was steamin , decided it would be fun to order the same drink for everyone. So along comes the tray with 12 flaming Zambukas on it which he proceeds to  knock over in his excitement,  Cue tables chairs  and coats being doused in a blue flamed slick and utter carnage breaking out. He hated every minute of the slagging he got at work which made it all the more enjoyable

3 hours ago, Mr Pikey said:

Ours is on the 17th of December. Dinner at the Merchant City then onto a pub.Everything paid for  by the work for the 14 of us.This will be my 20th and they're usually a great laugh.Best laugh was when we we went to the now defunct Inn on the Green and one of our directors who was steamin , decided it would be fun to order the same drink for everyone. So along comes the tray with 12 flaming Zambukas on it which he proceeds to  knock over in his excitement,  Cue tables chairs  and coats being doused in a blue flamed slick and utter carnage breaking out. He hated every minute of the slagging he got at work which made it all the more enjoyable

Sounds like an insurance job to me. Was he in for a cut?

On 15 October 2016 at 09:32, Andy C said:

One of the nights out from our work had one of my female colleagues telling anyone who'd listen that she has great lips for giving blow jobs.

Not sure if any of the boys put her boast to the test.

Surely to f**k somebody was man enough to say "they don't look like it to me hen".

Open goal missed imo.

I'm very much a 'churn it out and f**k off home' type of person when it comes to work. I have no desire to spend my precious spare time with the people I work with. 

That wasn't the case when I was working part-time whilst studying though. Some of the best nights-out I've ever had were the Christmas dos.

Highlights included :

- Hotel rooms completely ransacked.

- Pub toilets smashed up.

- Manager punched in the face by an irate worker.

- Female manager sitting on the toilet being bombarded with wet, toilet roll balls. 

- Manager asleep and KO'd at the table with younger colleagues trying to set him on fire.

This. Worked in a supermarket during college. Luved the part time Christmas parties.. utter carnage
No interest in drinking with colleagues now

How generous do people find their employer to be when it comes to Christmas nights out? We've got £75 to split between us as we see fit; I'd imagine we just won't bother doing anything again. I've worked at places that paid for a meal plus one drink, and some that wouldn't stump up for anything. Probably the best one didn't have an organised Christmas do, but gave everyone a £50 bonus and two weeks paid leave over the holiday. You'd take that over any number of wrinkly impersonators or co-worker blowjobs, surely.

Archived