Edinburgh City v Clyde

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Harry Haddock said:

Terrible game.However 3 Points in the bag.

Excellent and noisy Clyde support.

Interesting to see the crowd,over 200 of us there.

438 there according to City's twitter.

ONLY 1 -0 PRE SEASON BOASTS  CLYDE TO WIN BY OVER 15 CLEAR GOALS !!!!!!     DODGY WINNY GOAL ? SHIRE ARE DIRE .YET ANOTHER SUCESSIVE SHIRE DEFENSIVE SHUT OUT .

Somebody has been on the bevvy! Winny goal?

What was the Edinburgh city goal disallowed for?

14 hours ago, Günther said:

I actually enjoyed my day through in the capital today, nice enough wee support you've managed to drum up as well! The stadium is obviously too big for you and it doesn't cause much for an atmosphere though I thought we made a good bit of noise today. 

Id actually like to see you guys pick up points and get the merit to continue to strive in the senior leagues. Hopefully Montrose go down, too many Angus clubs anyway plus I'm fed up playing them :lol:

Good luck for the rest of the season. 

Even if City are relegated they'll still "continue to strive in the senior leagues".

Serious question then, are we actually classing the lowland and highland leagues as senior leagues now?? If I remember right the SPFL don't have any authority over them until the winners of each league come into a play off as the leagues "nomination for promotion". 

Senior clubs in the leagues I suppose, even if JacksGranda is repeating this on every thread he can when people understand what's being meant anyway

30 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Senior clubs in the leagues I suppose, even if JacksGranda is repeating this on every thread he can when people understand what's being meant anyway

If people understood what senior leagues are I wouldn't need to repeat it on "every" thread. If they are not senior leagues, what are they? They're not junior,juvenile or amateur.

If Clyde ever suffered the humiliation of relegation from the SPFL to the LL, I'm sure their fans would be very insistent on saying that they were still playing senior football.

36 minutes ago, Günther said:

Serious question then, are we actually classing the lowland and highland leagues as senior leagues now?? If I remember right the SPFL don't have any authority over them until the winners of each league come into a play off as the leagues "nomination for promotion". 

That has absolutely nothing to do with whether the leagues are senior or not. And they are senior.

31 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

Credit everyone in the home end

I think security are starting to tighten up now as the campaign develops and follow the lead of the other League 2 sides. Segregation for the first time on Saturday v Clyde and the bulk of their fans were directed to the right hand side of the stand. For the Forfar, Arbroath, Berwick, Montrose and Elgin games their fans sat mostly on the left hand side but also mingled here there and everywhere. (As far as I could tell anyway or maybe it was just that I was being more observant on Saturday)

3 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

If I find shurley I'll ask her for you. Clyde support were to the left.

Edinburgh City v Clyde Segregation.JPG

I don't know what Dave B is saying to the Special One to make him put his hand on his heart! Old Meadowbank coach Tam McLaren is taking a keen interest in things..

In the top right a pensioner decides the programme article on Clyde's badge is a lot of inarticulate shite... :lol:

6 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I don't know what Dave B is saying to the Special One to make him put his hand on his heart! ... :lol:

Dave B is saying, "What'd you think of my piece in next week's City Fanzine, Micky?"

Micky L replies, "Hand on my heart Dave, I think it's the finest piece since slice bread" 

Go Tell The Spartans Back Page and Front Cover Year One Issue Eight Draft Copy Resized.png

7 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Old Meadowbank coach Tam McLaren is taking a keen interest in things..

In the top right a pensioner decides the programme article on Clyde's badge is a lot of inarticulate shite... :lol:

Big Tam takes a keener interest in the proceedings here... meanwhile In the top right the pensioner decides the programme article on Clyde's badge is a lot more fascinating then he originally thought and keeps reading... :lol:   

Big Tam.JPG

7 hours ago, tamthebam said:

The pensioner in the top right is none other than Frank Irons (not his real name as we've changed it to protect his anonymity. His real name is Manuel) , a keen golfer on a busman's holiday from Barcelona. Frank featured in last week's City Fanzine and will be back for more this Saturday coming in the Scottish cup tie against Forfar Athletic. Old Frank's a glutton for punishment but old habits die hard. He keeps shouting out, "Get it in the hole !"

Go Tell The Spartans FC Page 10 and 3 Year One Issue Seven (2).png

Archived