Edinburgh City v Clyde

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lucky to be level based on chances so far.

Formation not working. Don't understand why we're trying to play out wide when we only have one winger on the pitch and a central midfield not capable of following up cleared crosses.

Nobody getting close to MacDonald either.

I really don't know if we were fuckin awful or is Edinburgh in a false position in the league. Either way, shite game, horrendous stadium, 3 points - I'll take that!

good Clyde support there as well today! Credit to the lads who just got off planes this morning from the Scotland game and went straight to meadowbank. 

A question for Edinburgh fans, we got told the stadium is getting knocked down next year, what are your plans for next season?

Lowland League

1 hour ago, Günther said:

I really don't know if we were fuckin awful or is Edinburgh in a false position in the league. Either way, shite game, horrendous stadium, 3 points - I'll take that!

good Clyde support there as well today! Credit to the lads who just got off planes this morning from the Scotland game and went straight to meadowbank. 

A question for Edinburgh fans, we got told the stadium is getting knocked down next year, what are your plans for next season?

No surprise if they win in the next few games certainly a better stadium than Albion Rovers though you do need binoculars to see the game! 

We've been competitive in almost every game so in that sense we are in a false position (not saying we don't deserve to be last by the way). Been a few rumours, ground share with Spartans or Edinburgh Accies rugby club mooted but no idea if either is valid. And aye as the next poster said we'll prob be playing Lowland League in our new home.

A rubbish game in a rubbish stadium. I thought Edinburgh were dogged and Laird was the best player on the pitch but I didn't ever feel like they were actually going to score, even if we tried our best to gift them a goal. You'd question their fitness as well as they looked absolutely out on their feet after 70 minutes.

I think we can consign that system to the bin; Johnston and Gormley both had dreadful games and MacDonald was far too isolated against three centre halves. Best performer was Perry again by a mile, struggling to pick out anyone else except maybe McNeil and Flynn. Need to play much better next week but today in fairness was probably our worst performance this year.

Overall, a good first quarter; could've been better, could've been worse. Starting against Montrose, I'd have been reasonably happy with 17 points. I've not seen any side in the league who are better than we are. Need to just pick a way of playing and stick to it though.

Johnston never got a look in. His touch was well off.
He's blessed with great pace but is continuously unable to make the most of it. He hasn't been great going forward or defensively.
Today was awful. We were very lucky to get the win against the bottom team. We'll need to improve an awful lot to win this league.

Archived