Rovers v Hibs

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought we were absolutely abysmal in the second half. Seriously disappointing and if we're honest Hibs probably deserved to win the game. They played well given they had ten men, some of the screaming and wailing for penalties was pretty funny too. They didn't test Cuthbert but had a few near things.

In the cold light of day, a point with the (now) league leaders is a decent result but given the circumstances I'm really disappointed. Didn't see the red card incident so can have no comment other than to say I can't have been the only one who thought Bobby Barr had got the red card?!

Not a bad result but really disappointing day all round for me. One win in eight now for Locke's dynamos....

After watching two turgid Scotland games in the last week, I was quite looking forward to this one. More fool me.

Up front is a real issue for us. I was surprised we signed Skacel, and if he continues in the same vain, then he really doesn't justify the contract.

That said, none of our forwards look great at the moment, I don't think any of them have scored since August.

Arguably the main problem today was the right-hand side, which just didn't create a thing.

Davidson isn't interested in overlapping, which is understandable, but Ross Matthews is defensive minded too, which only really works when Jason Thomson is bombing past him.

The game really was honking, with Hibs looking far the better team in the second half. They play a lot more direct under Lennon, although look a worse outfit because of it.

No idea what happened at the red card incident, but the fact we didn't get a shot on target until the 85th minute (5 minutes quicker than the Morton game) is fairly bleak.

After watching two turgid Scotland games in the last week, I was quite looking forward to this one. More fool me.

Up front is a real issue for us. I was surprised we signed Skacel, and if he continues in the same vain, then he really doesn't justify the contract.

That said, none of our forwards look great at the moment, I don't think any of them have scored since August.

Arguably the main problem today was the right-hand side, which just didn't create a thing.

Davidson isn't interested in overlapping, which is understandable, but Ross Matthews is defensive minded too, which only really works when Jason Thomson is bombing past him.

The game really was honking, with Hibs looking far the better team in the second half. They play a lot more direct under Lennon, although look a worse outfit because of it.

No idea what happened at the red card incident, but the fact we didn't get a shot on target until the 85th minute (5 minutes quicker than the Morton game) is fairly bleak.

Well, I know that's not true. We at least had one shot on target in the first half from Thompson..

To the actual game ... Thought it was quite even when 11 v 11 we actually created the better and more chances with hibs still looking dangerous with good movement up top. After the red hibs looked more solid and organised at the back and stopped us creating anything at all and that was disappointing. Don't know what Jordan Thomson has to do to get 90min. Easily our best holding midfielder and think he was missed in our last 2 games. At least Davo will be stuck in right back so Mathews and Jordan gets a game. Thought Vaughan was awful when came on. I'd start Stewart ahead of rudi next week.

We have a real problem in forward areas just now. Barr looks our only threat.

McManus, Skacel and Vaughan are all liabilities at the moment.

Archived