What's Your Street Like?

My street also apparently has one terraced house and, puzzlingly, one flat.  Of the 76 houses, 37 are owned outright and 35 are mortgaged.

Social class - 30% AB, 35%C1, 24% C2, 9% DE.

Education - 27% of people have a degree - 20% of people have no qualifications at all.  Apparently 26% of Scottish people have no qualifications, presumably most of them older.

50% of the street are Christian, 89% of the street are white.  Since this census was taken that might have gone up as we bought our house from an ethnic minority family.

1 hour ago, Connor1874 said:

Not sure how up to date it is, as apart from 5 Pakistani's and 2 Black Africans, everyone is white in my street. There's at least 2 households of east Asian descent, including right opposite my house.

It's taken from the 2011 Census 

2 hours ago, coprolite said:

Presumably by means of the census being filled in by an idiot or a prankster.

Obviously not my ex-wife.  We lived in a street where every house was a semi except ours which was one of three for some unknown reason.  The ex-wife refused to acknowledge this fact and insisted we were in a semi as well as we only had neighbours on one side.  End-terraced I would try to argue but to no avail.

4 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Obviously not my ex-wife.  We lived in a street where every house was a semi except ours which was one of three for some unknown reason.  The ex-wife refused to acknowledge this fact and insisted we were in a semi as well as we only had neighbours on one side.  End-terraced I would try to argue but to no avail.

You were 100% right 

4 hours ago, coprolite said:

Presumably by means of the census being filled in by an idiot or a prankster.

It's a crime to provide false information in a census.  Hopefully the police come down hard on this plight and throw away the key on the jail cell terrace.

3 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

It's a crime to provide false information in a census.  Hopefully the police come down hard on this plight and throw away the key on the jail cell terrace.

I satisfy that urge by being creative in work diversity surveys.

I started with 33% retired, but the majority of them have either died or have been punted out to some home, being replaced with young people*

*hopefully of a 'no religion' persuasion.  28% of 100% white is a bit tragic.

7 hours ago, hk blues said:

I’m kinda a fan of the Yank “duplex”, “triplex” (try-plex), and “fourplex”….but the fourplex is usually two up and two down. You reference a semi or terrace around here and they look at you weird.

11 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Apparently 248 people lived in this street in 2011, when I'd already been here ten years.

Not bad going for the mere 16 houses in it.

The site says there are 42, which is clearly bollocks.

You get lumped in with a nearby postcode if there’s less than 100 people in your own one, you can click the map and it shows you the area you’ve in

Edited by parsforlife

18 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

You get lumped in with a nearby postcode if there’s less than 100 people in your own one, you can click the map and it shows you the area you’ve in

Not seeing that. 

The map displays a huge area, and clicking on it changes nothing.  

6 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Not seeing that. 

The map displays a huge area, and clicking on it changes nothing.  

census information may include figures for adjacent streets and postcodes. The figures are therefore representative of the local area, not a specific street address or row of houses. The census collection is designed so that each group of postcodes should contain at least 100 people (50 in Scotland). This is done to preserve the anonymity of the people in that area, as some postcodes cover a very small area, sometimes a single building. You can see the area covered by the census statistics by clicking "Show Census Area Covered" below the map above.