What's Your Street Like?

The following website lets you see the census results (from 2011) broken down by postcode, so what's your street really like?

https://www.streetcheck.co.uk/postcode/

Here are some details from my hotbed of white supremacy to get the ball rolling (based on 105 people):

100% White
83% Scottish (rest rUK)
58% other Christian / 6% Catholic
28% no religion
33% retired
0% unemployed
65% married
27% degree level education
23% no qualifications
54% female
70% houses owned outright

Basically, if you're a fairly well-off 50+ white Scottish sky fairy worshipper then you'll fit right in up here.

4 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

63% Christian, 37% No religion

65% married 47% single

Those stood out for me as highlights. I'm trying to work out if the first stat being Mormons could possibly explain the second.

7 minutes ago, sugna said:

Those stood out for me as highlights. I'm trying to work out if the first stat being Mormons could possibly explain the second.

OK, I think I've got it now: could the numbers you quote be counts rather than percentages?

85% white

83.3% Scottish

56% no religion (16% catholic, 11% muslim, 8% other christian, 2% Hindu and the rest never stated)

11% unemployed (6% retired, 22% full time employed, 28% full time student)

64% single (18% married)

32% degree or higher (20% no qualifications)

100% White

84% Scottish

46% Christian, 54% No religion

6% retired

2% unemployed

58% married 33% single

19% degree or higher, 12% no qualifications

Quite surprised the no religion percentage was so high.

Ethnic Group
Total 117
White 116
Black African 1

Country of Birth
Total 117
England 18
Wales 2
Scotland 94
Northern Ireland 0
Republic of Ireland 1
European Union 0
Other 2

Religion
Total 117
Catholic 3
Other Christian 51
No Religion 53
Buddhist 0
Hindu 0
Jewish 0
Muslim 0
Sikh 0
Other Religion 1
Not Stated 9

Mostly white Scottish atheists it would seem

Edited by MEADOWXI

Thought I'd evidently put in a typo, but I'm right enough:

"there is a very large concentration of residents that are married - 65% of the resident population. On average, around 47% of census respondents were single"

Eta: Ah, missed that bit. Basically saying that my street is lower than the national average of 47%, oops.

This website doesn't stretch to my street here in ex-pat Spain, but I can provide this résumé...

White  -  100%

English  -  99%, Scottish - 1% (me)

Retired  -  100%

Married (or living together)  -  100%

Qualifications, religion  - uncertain.

There is a pub at the top of the street which serves Guiness, John Smiths and Amstels lager - they have darts nights on Monday nights, quiz nights on Tuesdays and karaoke on Friday nights when they also serve up fish, chips and mushy peas. 

You just can't beat Spanish culture.

:rolleyes:

My old street is in Inverkeithing is clearly a mixing pot of different cultures;

Ethnic Group
White     117
Total     117

Country of Birth
England     6
Wales     1
Scotland     107
Northern Ireland     1
Republic of Ireland     2
European Union     0
Other     0
Total     117

I can't get data for my current street or postal code by for my electoral district, the mother tongue by population is as follows; 

English  60,260         Italian  5,930         Ukrainian  4,805         Polish  4,135         Spanish  3,510         Serbian  3,015         Portuguese  2,295         Korean  1,865         Russian  1,785         Tagalog (Pilipino, Filipino)  1,315         German  1,295         Croatian  1,220         Albanian  1,215         Urdu  1,150     French  1,085         Chinese, n.o.s.  1,070         Somali  1,005         Greek  830         Arabic  800         Hungarian  785         Persian (Farsi)  775         Romanian  760         Mandarin  680         Cantonese  525         Bulgarian  510         Tamil  485         Lithuanian  390         Vietnamese  385         Slovenian  370         Hindi  365         Panjabi (Punjabi)  360         Gujarati  355         Macedonian  355         Turkish  330         Bengali  325         Serbo-Croatian  315 Other 315         Maltese  310         Slovak  305         Bosnian  285         Czech  255         Dutch  190         Japanese  185         Akan (Twi)  165         Sinhala (Sinhalese)  165         Latvian  155         Amharic  125         Creoles  120         Estonian  120         Semitic languages, n.i.e.  75         Telugu  75         Armenian  70         Bisayan languages  70         Malayalam  70         Pashto  65         Niger-Congo languages, n.i.e.  55         Slavic languages, n.i.e.  55         Taiwanese  55         Finnish  50         Tigrigna  50         Swahili  45         Danish  40         Malay  40         Marathi  40         Tibetan languages  40         Ilocano  35         Kurdish  35         Nepali  35         Sindhi  35         Bantu languages, n.i.e.  30         Indo-Iranian languages, n.i.e.  30         Swedish  20         Thai  20         Flemish  15         Oromo  15         Sign languages, n.i.e.  15 Afrikaans  10         Burmese  10         Fukien  10         Hakka  10         Lao  10         Norwegian  10         Rundi (Kirundi)  5         Shanghainese  5         Yiddish  5

So it's a little different

Bizarre - the breakdown of my street says there are 11 non-white people out of 172 living on it. I've been here five years and I've genuinely never seen far less met any of them...you'd think we were living in Aryan Nations here.

I see we're down as having 2 "other religion" adherents as well, which would be the two of us putting ourselves down as Norse Pagan in the last census...

There's only 5 houses in my street.

Young Couple who live at number 1 (white)
Monkman at number 2 (white)
Andrew and Bev at number 3 (white)
Ruth, Mr Ruth and 3 young kids number 4 (white)
Middle aged couple at number 5 (white)

Although there was up until recently, an Asian family who owned one of local takeaways that used to live at number 4. There must have been about 30 of them living in the house, ranging from very young kids to a woman who looked like mother Teressa's granny.

Of the 12 people currently living in my street, Bev next door is English and I've no idea about the middle aged couple at number 5, the rest are Scottish.

I know for a fact that much of the information listed on the site about my street is either completely out of date or just utter bullshit.

For instance my Nigerian neighbour of many years and her four kids will be interested to know that the street is comprised of 80 white and 5 Pakistani inhabitants.

I know for a fact that much of the information listed on the site about my street is either completely out of date or just utter bullshit.

For instance my Nigerian neighbour of many years and her four kids will be interested to know that the street is comprised of 80 white and 5 Pakistani inhabitants.

Illegal immigrants found.

2 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

I'm a little suspect of my street too. Apparently 2 of my neighbours rent their house from the council... but I live on a private estate where there are no council houses. Additionally, apparently 4 other people work in the same industry as me. This I know to be wrong as I know pretty much everyone that works in my line of work.

I nearly choked on my beer when I thought for a second that the Kaffliks were the highest religious demographic in my area.  Thank Allah I noticed that the Muslamics beat them by a single percentage point.

Get it up you, Papes.

I'm surprised the Jews didn't fare better, to be honest.

Edited by KnightswoodBear