What's Your Street Like?

Apparently there is 131 people, 4 of which are black live on my street. 

There are 11 houses on my street.

I've got a similar thing where there's almost double the number of houses than expected actually. Maybe it's including some surrounding streets? Stats seem very, very reasonable for my area anyway.

83.1% white

62.8% Scottish

15.5% E.U. Citizens

13.5% other

50.6% male

52% no religion

26.4% Christian

50.7% degree or similar

9.5% no qualifications

47.1% full-time employment

5% unemployed

27% aged 30-44

So mostly white Scottish atheists aged 30-44 in full-time employment in this part of my street.

Edited by Lordofthewing

86 residents

100% white

0% unemployed

41 Christians, 41 no religion, 1 Hindu apparently

Largest employment sector education

73 Scottish born, 10 English, I Welsh, 1 EU, 1 other

Largest age group 45-59

I know a lot of the people on my street and after seeing this was wondering who the one born outside of the EU was. My wife reminded me when she got in from work that it was her :lol: Born in South Africa and moved when she was 6 months old.

28% of people on my street are students, 118 properties with just 7 detached houses, rest flats, 65% of my street is single but unfortunately there's 117 males to 96 females, 75 percent Scottish, 20 percent European, the rest Indian/Pakistani, 60 percent of property is private landlords renting, 20-24 most popular age group, then 30-44, then 25-29

Pretty interesting wee website of its true

On 20/10/2016 at 22:13, Spain said:

I'm a little suspect of my street too. Apparently 2 of my neighbours rent their house from the council... but I live on a private estate where there are no council houses. Additionally, apparently 4 other people work in the same industry as me. This I know to be wrong as I know pretty much everyone that works in my line of work.

Snap, we've got some damned working class type renting their hoose off the council despite it being a private estate. 3 flats apparently too :unsure2:, there's flats further along but it does make you question some of these stats, good to know we're 'poontang heavy', 123 hombres to 147 burds, plenty spare. :thumsup2 

An interesting read though, I'm looking forward to the next one.

53 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

Snap, we've got some damned working class type renting their hoose off the council despite it being a private estate. 3 flats apparently too :unsure2:, there's flats further along but it does make you question some of these stats, good to know we're 'poontang heavy', 123 hombres to 147 burds, plenty spare. :thumsup2 

An interesting read though, I'm looking forward to the next one.

Pretty sure that all private estates nowadays only get permission to build as long as they give over at least a couple of houses to the council plebs (like me). I have a posh estate over the road from me and the owner-occupiers there are fizzing that they are living amongst people that are paying less than a quarter of what they are paying per month.

What really pisses off me, being a fully paying council pleb, is that when the nice new, shiny houses come up for grabs, it, 9 times out of 10, goes to the people that we all know and hate as the utter chancers (and the disability car drivers) that have never paid rent for years. So the majority of these nice new houses end up getting paid for by the taxpayers.

8 hours ago, supermik said:

Pretty sure that all private estates nowadays only get permission to build as long as they give over at least a couple of houses to the council plebs (like me). I have a posh estate over the road from me and the owner-occupiers there are fizzing that they are living amongst people that are paying less than a quarter of what they are paying per month.

What really pisses off me, being a fully paying council pleb, is that when the nice new, shiny houses come up for grabs, it, 9 times out of 10, goes to the people that we all know and hate as the utter chancers (and the disability car drivers) that have never paid rent for years. So the majority of these nice new houses end up getting paid for by the taxpayers.

We moved into it new 13 years ago, it was split between Persimmon (the larger amount of houses) and Wimpey, while I can't say for a 100% that they were all privately owned the ones on my street were, we bought off plan and had plenty options, we bought one of the Wimpey ones, there's definitely no flats either, there's some Persimmon ones further along the estate so I'm not sure where the 3 flats are, just flagging up that the survey's not entirely accurate. 

I know that councils are a lot better now about getting social housing tacked on to new schemes, I assumed they would be 'Rented other social' though as they tend to be run through housing associations. Its not something I've given a great deal of thought to so might be wrong. A thought has just occurred to me though, I wonder how much of the social housing costs of new schemes gets passed on to the folk who buy one. these large businesses aren't daft when it comes to making a quid.

• 6 years later...
On 20/10/2016 at 15:52, Hedgecutter said:

The following website lets you see the census results (from 2011) broken down by postcode, so what's your street really like?

https://www.streetcheck.co.uk/postcode/

96% White
95% Scottish
49% other Christian / 19% Catholic
24% no religion
26% retired
4% unemployed
56% married
26% degree level education
25% no qualifications
49% female
53% houses owned outright

found this quite interesting

Of the supposed 156 residents of my street, the entirety is stated as white Scottish except for 7 English people. 

I'm fairly sure this will come as a surprise to, at least, the two black African families who have been here for 4 or 5 years, the lovely old white South African lady, and the Irish couple and their brood a few doors down.

Been here almost 12 years and yet to meet these resident English folks. I'm slightly sceptical of the sites accuracy. 

17 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Of the supposed 156 residents of my street, the entirety is stated as white Scottish except for 7 English people. 

I'm fairly sure this will come as a surprise to, at least, the two black African families who have been here for 4 or 5 years, the lovely old white South African lady, and the Irish couple and their brood a few doors down.

Been here almost 12 years and yet to meet these resident English folks. I'm slightly sceptical of the sites accuracy. 

It's probably based on the 2011 census data.

1 minute ago, Newbornbairn said:

Not everybody fills out their Census form, just like there's a surprisingly large %ge not on the Electoral Roll.

I wonder if the historically low levels of census participation this year  will have on things in the future.