Aberdeen v Celtic - League Cup Final

Aberdeen have about 10k season ticket holders. There would be around the same amount that go to some games depending on work, family commitments, the weather and if they can be arsed. That produces our average home attendance of around 13.5k. Our away support is from 1 to 3k, with a good % of them based in the central belt. So we have around 20k people who attend Aberdeen games on a regular or semi regular basis.

So, for a Cup Final, our club can sell a 50% allocation of Hampden, as this league Cup final has shown. I am delighted with this, mainly because this is a game we are huge underdogs for. The last cup final we were in, we were favourites, so much more folk went and filled the allocation, some 40k. Good thing they did too, because otherwise the stadium would have been below capacity.Glory hunters or not, they filled the ground and added to the occasion.

How this situation gets anyone upset, is beyond me.

Perhaps Celtic could also get 20k people to travel to a neutral venue 150 miles from their home ground to watch a cup final they have a slim chance of winning, but we don't know this, because it's never been tried.

Sterling efforts from the Aberdeen support, hopefully rewarded by an odds defying victory against the Glasgow millionaires in their own back yard.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're boring Davie.
What pubs are the Dons fans gathering? I think we're meeting at the Counting House in town but may move somewhere closer to Hampden

As are you bawbag.

is @Davie Bhoy still bitching about the ticket allocation?!

Bitching? No following up on a previous conversation where I was informed that only genuine Aberdeen fans would be able to get tickets. Now we have a zombie in your end :lol: rent-a-crowd.

It's a Neutral Venue you thick cvnt.

Where were your fans at the earlier rounds? The 15k that bother to turn up at Parkhead normally for earlier rounds like have their tickets surely. They must wonder why their fellow fans only get interested if you play Rangers or make a Final in the league cup. Even Semi FInal crowds from your lot are shocking given your home support.

FFS, you'd appreciate our poor crowds in the earlier rounds for your AVERAGE attendance :lol:

Does that not tell you that maybe given the financial cost to our fans over the course of a season that they might see these games as less important. What's the excuse for fans of other clubs who don't have to shell out for a prolonged run in Europe?

Every club has their hardcore fans and their 'fickle' element.

Celtic are no different - poor LC crowds and swathes of empty seats in Deila era.

Yes every club does get affected and we are no different. However if we go on average attendances rather than LC attendances then we have a valid case. If of course you want to go down the lower league cup gates then let's start with Aberdeen. Roughly 8,000 at home v St Johnstone & that includes the decent amount of Saints fans in attendance.

Why are the 6.7 million who went to Seville not queuing round the block  to get into celtic Park every second Saturday?

6.7m...now you are acting the clown.

Some home games in the LC in the past 5 years.

Celitc 2 Raith 0 Att (13,591)

Celtic 6 Partick 0 Att (16,805)

Celtic 3 Hearts 0 Att (15,552)

Celtic 0 Morton 1 Att (14,858 including 2,000+ Morton fans)

Celtic 5 St Johsntone 0 Att (14,399)

Celtic 4 St Johnstone 1 Att (14,737)

Celtic 6 Inverness 0 Att (17,429) 

Now Semi Finals (not against their pals)

Celtic 2 St Mirren (Att 24,417)

Falkirk 1 Celtic 3 Att (30,000)

Aberdeen 1 Celtic 4 Att (38,085)

I really feel sorry for the genuine Celtic fans who are surrounded by gloryhunters at cup finals.

All those crowds should be compared to the recent crowds Aberdeen got. Let's go like for like and then compare. Also our semi-final crowds as you pointed out merit 50% allocation as a starting point before any negotiations take place.

Just now, Davie Bhoy said:

Bitching? No following up on a previous conversation where I was informed that only genuine Aberdeen fans would be able to get tickets. Now we have a zombie in your end :lol: rent-a-crowd.

That's f**k all, Davie. I have a couple of dozen tickets for the game but am using them for lighting the fire over the winter instead. I'm not even a Dons fan either!

Cheer up though, you'll get a better view on the TV......

24 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

I'l be donating my spare tickets to Palestine #morethanaclub

I tried to do this but they knocked them back despite me telling them the tickets were kosher.....

That's f**k all, Davie. I have a couple of dozen tickets for the game but am using them for lighting the fire over the winter instead. I'm not even a Dons fan either!

Cheer up though, you'll get a better view on the TV......

In fairness mate, I don't blame you. Edinburgh is a wee bit behind the times so if you still need to light a fire then you have no complaints from me.

I'l be donating my spare tickets to Palestine #morethanaclub

Your a top fella. Nearly brought a tear to my eye.

Good luck Aberdeen, I hope the same scenes are repeated and that you hibs it like us on 21st may.

Pitch invasion if you win pls x

Oh dear...is this the end of the green & white bromance!

Archived