Aberdeen v Celtic - League Cup Final

Nice to be going into this on the back of two good away victories 

Looking forward to it, will only be the fifth cup final I've seen the Dandies play in 

Won two, lost two

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Second cup final, 100% record. I'm a good luck charm laaads.
Going into the final in good nick, great to see Jack and McLean working together in the middle of the park, couple of options with regards to lineups.
We'll probably see McGinn coming in for Stockley, and we might have a CB in for Maddison, put Considine to LB and Shinnie into the centre.
Either way, feeling positive, if a little apprehensive, going into this...!!!

COYFR!!!!

Celtic fairly unstoppable this season and very hard to see any weaknesses to target whatsoever. Running at the full backs one on one if its Lustig and Izaguirre and if they've played the 90 minutes versus Barcelona might be something.

I would like to see us go with a similar team to yesterday, apart from McGinn in for Stockley. Celtic have proved in every domestic game that, however defensively you set out your team, they'll get through eventually. In both games this season we did manage to cause them problems when we actually went for it.

The only hope we have is to come out with all guns blazing and trust that for once we actually take our chances. So in the spirit of optimism I'll go for a 2-0 to the Dons. My first cup final was in 1976 against Celtic, 2-1. We didn't expect to win, just like now, and it was so sweet when it came. Particularly on the back of a 5-1 win against Rangers, Jocky Scott hat-trick. That night was just wonderful and again so unexpected. You just never know what might happen! We could get papped 10-0. Lets hope not.

COYR

Celtic will be nervous coming into this one. Not sure what the team will be after Wednesday night's vital match to get them into the Europa League, should they prioritise the Barca game or this so called there for the taking cup semi? With the extra effort needed against Barca (they obviously would be able to coast through that like a domestic match) it could cost them a couple of important players. I suppose it won't matter anyway, Celtic only have to turn up at a national cup semi final to have it won.

4 hours ago, weejoeharper said:
4 hours ago, weejoeharper said:

The only hope we have is to come out with all guns blazing and trust that for once we actually take our chances. So in the spirit of optimism I'll go for a 2-0 to the Dons. My first cup final was in 1976 against Celtic, 2-1. We didn't expect to win, just like now, and it was so sweet when it came. Particularly on the back of a 5-1 win against Rangers, Jocky Scott hat-trick. That night was just wonderful and again so unexpected. You just never know what might happen! We could get papped 10-0. Lets hope not.

COYR

Indeed. In fact, having beaten Rangers 5-1 I was certain we'd blow it, but I was gloriously wrong!

Didn't expect to win in 1970 either, thought it would be a repeat of 1967, but I was gloriously wrong there, too!

1 hour ago, CityDave said:

Celtic will be nervous coming into this one. Not sure what the team will be after Wednesday night's vital match to get them into the Europa League, should they prioritise the Barca game or this so called there for the taking cup semi? With the extra effort needed against Barca (they obviously would be able to coast through that like a domestic match) it could cost them a couple of important players. I suppose it won't matter anyway, Celtic only have to turn up at a national cup semi final to have it won.

You what, mate?

With the squad fully fit, we need to see the players in their correct positions. I worry McInnes will be tempted to bring in Taylor/Reynolds and shift Consi to LB and Shinnie into the middle for more physicality. DrewDon's team is probably our best shout, with Burns and Stockley on the bench for extra pace/physicality as needed. 

I'm gonna be a wreck by the end of the week.....

Archived