Grimbo's P&B drink diary.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Kool Keith said:

Is that Dreadnought on North Fort Street?  Google says there's another pub called that in Newhaven.

Is it still North Fort street that far down? I didn't take notice of the street name tbh. It is in the Newhaven area though. 

They've got sky sports in & they play decent music in the background, that said I did find myself singing along to a Geo Formby record whilst there, strong ale, that's not a Formby song mind. 

I would have popped in Sat after the footy (haha) but I've a do on at Ainslie Park after the big top of the table clash.

Grimbo 

Not in me phone but when I was on the big machine earlier they've sold out their next 2 UK dates, 1 being Manc. 

Grimbo 

Cheers, I'm back early next week just wondering if they were doing an extensive Scottish leg and I might be able to catch them somewhere like Thurso Hippodrome, Portree Palladium, Methill Miners Welfare Club, Croftfoot Bowling Club or my aunties living room.
Might catch them on the platform at Partick Underground, but probably not.
Let us know how they are...

46 minutes ago, Grim O'Grady said:

Aye it used to be that. 

Grimbo

Strange place to open a new pub, can't see many people going out of their way for it so they're left with the regulars who are a pretty boisterous bunch in North Fort St.

1 hour ago, Kool Keith said:

Strange place to open a new pub, can't see many people going out of their way for it so they're left with the regulars who are a pretty boisterous bunch in North Fort St.

Didn't realise who you were until I got on to the lap top - surely this will be the last time you can be allowed to change your name!

All the Ales are priced at £3.50 a pint, I would think the boisterous crowd would source cheaper beers elsewhere tbh. I think that also has something to do with their opening hours too? 

There was about a dozen folk in last Saturday teatime, which was good for us, easy to get to the bar but aye maybe not to good for business? 

Anyway it's out there now, I hope it stays, happy journey stop off after the football on the way to the Mops.

Grimbo 

5 minutes ago, throbber said:

Didn't realise who you were until I got on to the lap top - surely this will be the last time you can be allowed to change your name!

You can change your name once a month as a platinum member.

5 minutes ago, throbber said:

KK's hip hop knowledge is pretty extensive. He has a good few name changes left. 

Theres also the bar that is just called Sports Bar that is on Portland Street. Been shut down for years now but its probably better located for someone who wants to open up a new pub. Looks like its probably a bit of a midden inside though.

12 minutes ago, Grim O'Grady said:

All the Ales are priced at £3.50 a pint, I would think the boisterous crowd would source cheaper beers elsewhere tbh. I think that also has something to do with their opening hours too? 

There was about a dozen folk in last Saturday teatime, which was good for us, easy to get to the bar but aye maybe not to good for business? 

Anyway it's out there now, I hope it stays, happy journey stop off after the football on the way to the Mops.

Grimbo 

What price is a Tennent's or Carling?  Can't see the craft beer brigade choosing a pub on North Fort St over Newhaven or the Shore and there's not much else around that area.  Might be wrong of course, I've never been in and not in that area very often either.

8 minutes ago, Kool Keith said:

What price is a Tennent's or Carling?  Can't see the craft beer brigade choosing a pub on North Fort St over Newhaven or the Shore and there's not much else around that area.  Might be wrong of course, I've never been in and not in that area very often either.

Dunno I don't drink that pish, I think it might do ok with the passing cycle fraternity, shame if it doesn't last. Can't see it competing with the Shore obvz but like I said it's a decent stop off point. 

Grimbo 

3 minutes ago, Kool Keith said:

Cyclists on that route are too busy worrying if they're going to get booted off their bikes and made to walk home. Anyone around ocean terminal will head to the Shore and the Newhaven locals will stay there imo. 

I cycle that route, it's dodging the dug shit & broken glass no a boot (well no yet). 

Grimbo 

Archived