Grimbo's P&B drink diary.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

I know you like to look after the pennies Grimbo so have you thought about drinking antifreeze? Keeps the winter chill off, freshens the breath and only £4 a litre from Halfords.

£4 a litre, do you think I'm Rockerfellah (or whatever his name is?), Morrisons own brand AF only £2,99 & tastes as good as the chateau halfords!!!!

Grimbo

2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

I know you like to look after the pennies Grimbo so have you thought about drinking antifreeze? Keeps the winter chill off, freshens the breath and only £4 a litre from Halfords.

Great for putting in a dish in the garden too. The local wildlife lap it up.

Opened a bottle of red (will get a rose next big shop) but had finished it by 1/2 time of the Man City match so had a bottle of golden ale to celebrate the 2nd 1/2. 

Enough for tonight now. Bed after the rest of the highlights. 

Grimbo  

Just had a pint of Duchess Anne 3.9%, was ok but a tad to creamy tasting for my delicate taste buds. 

I fancy something a bit more vaarump next pint. I had a bridge to nowhere 4%, wasn't something I'd have a 2nd of.

Grimbo 

19 hours ago, Njord said:

What's all this 'bottle of' shite?

You drink like a girl, Grim reading.

It's handy for enjoying whilst arm chairing Man City. 

BTW, off oot tae the fitba noo, will proper hit it after. Not sure if I'll be sober enough to keep the diary mind, so could be an estimate tomorrow? 

Grimbo 

Currently on temporary t-total Day 7.

Self imposed after 5 days caving holiday, at least 5 pints in the pub every night alone (one day involving a Hot Fuzz themed pub crawl around Wells (eight pubs, followed by another sesh with all the other guys)). Then after close there was the post-pub sesh someone's house til early hours, fry and cold water cave to deal with the mornings.

Largely pints of Potholer (specially brewed for Somerset cavers), Somersbys cider and some obscure golden IPA I forget the name of, and an occasional Becks Vier.

Stopping in a pub called The Bank, 2 pints, correction 1 pint (bel haven IPA 3.8%) bland so I upped the stakes to Frankenstein 4.2% but was absolute shite, so left 7/8's of a pint. The only other ale they had on was Duchess Anne that I'd had the other night & want too fond of. So I left that & suggested to her good self that we try the next pub just along the street called the Smugglers Inn, it was shut down, a good while ago by the looks of things. 

Eatly night I've read over 100 pages of my Johnny Marr book now. 

Pishedness 0/10. 

Grimbo

10 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Has he met Steven yet?

Thank you.

Yes for the 2nd time. The 1st time was at a Patti Smith gig but they didn't speak, he was aware of him because he was with Billy Duffy of the Nosebleeds. The next time was the infamous knock on his door at Stretford & the rest as they say is History. They've just played their 1st hour gig at The Ritz. 

Back on topic, we've just been to an award winning choppy here in Anstruther (the Fish Bar), I had chips, mushy peas & curry sauce with a half of Clock Brew (4.2%) very nice but a wee bit over chilled for my liking.  

Pishedness 0/10

driving back after brekky tomorrow so no more ales.  

Grimbo 

Archived