Week 9

lichtie23

Great start, just managed to get over for a TD but been great on defence. 13-0 up start of 2nd quarter, Broncos three 3 and outs

Eta: half time. Not disappointing entertainment wise anyway. Raiders defence holding up very well minus the TD. Struggling to get too much out of the Broncos, really lucky to get the ball over for the TD and a pass interference helped get the second. Missed FG too but a good half overall. Thankfully nowhere near as many penalties. Seems like a good atmosphere too, got an edge about it. Very enjoyable, so far.

Eta:

23-13... 8 minutes left. Would be so much more comfortable if Jankowski converted that missed FG. Need a stop here and a score and think that might just be enough

Just had a turnover got the ball back then Carr through an interception... Actually the interception was incomplete!!! 7 minutes.. :lol:

TD!! 30-13!!! Thanks to Harris Jr. On the defence giving away about a hunner penalties. :lol:

Pick from Nelson, 1.57 left, up 10 game should be over.

Over. Game and match report done. :lol:

Thoroughly enjoyable. I've just seen highlights and heard people talk about them but after seeing a full match this is a good team. Interesting to see how they push on from here...! :)

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big win for the Raiders, they'd built up a lot of hype without actually beating anyone of note but the Broncos are obviously up a level. Interesting that they managed to get the job done without Carr having a particularly good game. Looking at the rest of the schedule they should get to 10 or 11 wins now.

I was going to wait until later to watch the recording of Broncos @ Oakland but wanted to watch the YouTube highlights of the other games and read the PFF reviews so just clicked on it.  As above, the Raiders have had good results on the road but only to mediocre teams so to have what was a pretty comprehensive victory over a team like Denver is massive.  

Looking at the Lions fixtures for the rest of the season it's almost impossible to predict, all the games have been so close, the game yesterday was the teams biggest win all season :lol:  Trips to the Giants and the Cowboys could end up kyboshing any hopes of the playoffs but the NFC North has been thrown wide open by the Vikings sudden slump. 

Take my hat off to the Raiders, they played the game perfectly. they found the holes in Denvers defence that others couldn't, granted we were without a few starters, but they punished us.

The offence is shocking though. the oline is poor and has been for a while but Trevors' throws were blooming awful at times. took him until throw 7-8(?) before he finally completed one.

I am sure it will be different at Mile High but i can see us finishing 3rd in the division this year, esp now Woolfe is out for a while.

Fight hasn't been the problem tbh, they just aren't anywhere near good enough all over the roster.

I may be alone in this, but I think on a competent team, Kaepernick's a classy QB. Even on that pile of shite of a team, he's ten times the player Gabbert is.

28 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I may be alone in this, but I think on a competent team, Kaepernick's a classy QB. Even on that pile of shite of a team, he's ten times the player Gabbert is.

Think people forget he went to a Superbowl (although Alex Smith played a big part that year) and a Championship game in back to back seasons. Problem for me is that he is still prone to far too many turnovers that are all down to him, although admittedly the targets he has to throw to are poor. The pick he threw last night was a prime example. You would maybe give a rookie some leeway but he is nearly 30 and still making the same mistakes, although it looks like he has finally managed to cut down the delay of game penalties. As I said to my mate at the weekend, any QB would struggle in that team at the moment as the o-line are very weak and nobody seems to understand Chip Kelly's offense, including Chip Kelly. He's definitely better than Gabbert, I would like to see him run with it more, he only had a few goes last night and none of them seemed to be scripted.

6 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Think people forget he went to a Superbowl (although Alex Smith played a big part that year) and a Championship game in back to back seasons. Problem for me is that he is still prone to far too many turnovers that are all down to him, although admittedly the targets he has to throw to are poor. The pick he threw last night was a prime example. You would maybe give a rookie some leeway but he is nearly 30 and still making the same mistakes, although it looks like he has finally managed to cut down the delay of game penalties. As I said to my mate at the weekend, any QB would struggle in that team at the moment as the o-line are very weak and nobody seems to understand Chip Kelly's offense, including Chip Kelly. He's definitely better than Gabbert, I would like to see him run with it more, he only had a few goes last night and none of them seemed to be scripted.

His first couple of years saw him destroy teams with his running game, almost to the point of reinventing the QB position.  But whether it was the series of bad coaches, or the injury, or teams sussing him, he seemed to have given it up.  He's still probably the best runner on that team, given Hyde's injury record (and I note he's injured again).  He's also the best wide receiver, I daresay.  

Who knows what the Niners front office is planning, though.  I could see them releasing him and bringing Steve Young back, or playing a tight end at QB.

Jimmy G :wub:

Big man back to his best with two first half TDs.

End of the half a bit of a farce. Bills take a fg attempt, Sherman mikes offside smacks Carpenter, should've been a roughing the kicker penalty with a 15 yard penalty. Nope, Umpire calls the offside with a five yard penalty. Three seconds on the clock but because Carpenter had the trainer out he can't play the next down. Bills fuming, but then realise they can spike the ball and do so to give Carpenter another chance with one second to go.

Eventually Carpenter splits the uprights...flag on the play. Delay of game offence, another attempt from 50+ yards and yes he misses :lol:

28-17 Seahawks at halftime 8)

Oh, yeah I had Jimmy G to score two TDs or more :thumsup2

I was convinced the Bills were going to steal it at the end there. I'm also extremely nervous about next weekends trip to Foxboro. Either they'll raise their game or get absolutely hammered.

Finally a Seahawks game I'll want to watch when I get back from sea!

Good to be 2 games ahead of the Cardinals. Also good to hear that Wilson was mobile, and run some bootleg plays. Also Bobby Wagner with the most tackles! However, no run game to speak of again? Even when Rawls returns I imagine we'll be going full blown committee until someone grabs the starting job.

As @Swarley says, it's a massive game against NE coming up. How have we looked against TEs? As last year we gave up some massive plays, and Bennett and Gronk are well pretty pretty good. Is Chancellor going to be back from his injury? Will be actually run the ball more than 10 times?

Archived