Dundee United vs Dunfermline

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whilst I think Hibs are favourite to win the league I would have thought the last couple of seasons would have taught their fans a wee bit of caution.

Anyway there may be a better place for them to interject rather than a United v Dunfermilne thread.

1 minute ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

No idea what you're on about tbh. I'm one of those guys that realises we are far superior in every position and no amount of selective stats can prevent that. Gutted for you.

You have the same number of points as us. Please show how this confirms your theory that you are "far superior in every position".

Just now, Fraser Fyvie said:

No idea what you're on about tbh. I'm one of those guys that realises we are far superior in every position and no amount of selective stats can prevent that. Gutted for you.

United are getting used to winning ugly. It hurts the soul but needs must.

If we can win 5 out of 6 and draw that sixth against Hibs away, I think we might just be on to something, something Hibs haven't got hr hang of in three seasons.

I reserve the right to plead the headaches (cf Round the Horne) come May.

You have the same number of points as us. Please show how this confirms your theory that you are "far superior in every position".

We were 3 clear having both played 12 games - once we replicate (or better) that over the final two thirds of the season we'll walk it. I can understand why you're piping up though, it's the closest you'll get to us all season.

Retract my statement about the Wedderburn incident, that's a red. Not as bad as some are making out but it's a red.

I'm sure it looks like an offside at the United goal though, Talbot? Is in the middle of a bit of a sandwich and the bloke goal side is definitely interfering with play? Would disagree with the shite defending part though, what the highlights don't show is the incredible goal saving tackle Geggan made to get the corner.

No idea why these Hibernian biys are on highhorse. We're level on points with them after the first round of games in a period where we have had to deal with one striker (a junior at that) as well as pretty horrendous injury luck, where at one point we hadn't had one recognised centre midfielder. We were absolutely horrendous at Easter Road and coasted to a draw.

We'll see where we are at after the next two league games, eh.

Is the challenge before it on any highlights? What I didn't get at the time was how one could be deemed not a foul, and the other a straight red. They both looked similarly terrible challenges, both winning the ball, but both out of control.

50 minutes ago, gingapar said:

Is the challenge before it on any highlights? What I didn't get at the time was how one could be deemed not a foul, and the other a straight red. They both looked similarly terrible challenges, both winning the ball, but both out of control.

http://www.arabzone.co.uk/index.asp?pg=1127&cookies=True

First tackle is around 7:30.

7 hours ago, gingapar said:

I assume because it wasn't a foul. Fraser got the whole of the ball, under control, studs down. Being generous you might want to argue that Higginbotham hurt himself kicking through the ball from the other side and wasn't just at it. I'd personally say he was at it.

Archived