Gavin Skelton departs Queen of the South

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Mr X said:

:lol:

Im playing devils advocate, a little, I'll admit. It does seem odd to me, though, the conclusions that people jump to sometimes.

I was once introduced to the a delightfully descriptive phrase about the Dumfries rumour-mill.  I'm para-phrasing because it was a long time ago, but it was along the lines of - 

"if you fart at one end of the town, by the time you get to the other end the story is that you shit yourself".

It could well be that the reasons for a well liked manager giving up a good job are as trivial as a fart, and any suggestions of shit hitting the fan are completely false.  To keep the theme going though, I think what's annoying people is the attitude of the club, which is akin to blaming it on the dog and pretending nothing happened!

20 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

I was once introduced to the a delightfully descriptive phrase about the Dumfries rumour-mill.  I'm para-phrasing because it was a long time ago, but it was along the lines of - 

"if you fart at one end of the town, by the time you get to the other end the story is that you shit yourself".

It could well be that the reasons for a well liked manager giving up a good job are as trivial as a fart, and any suggestions of shit hitting the fan are completely false.  To keep the theme going though, I think what's annoying people is the attitude of the club, which is akin to blaming it on the dog and pretending nothing happened!

But if we assume that Skelton did leave for purely external personal reasons, what else could/should the club have said?

Surely it does, as much as "could not see himself going on" implies something outside of football?

I took that "he could not see himself going on" meant that he could see himself continuing with the conditions in the job.

Again, I could be wrong.

I suspect I'm not though.

Saw on twitter Gav has signed for Appleby Afc

Just seen this too. Westmorland League Division One.

I wonder what level this is, in English football and I wonder if he's playing or if he is the manager?

• 2 weeks later...
On 17 November 2016 at 13:26, Mr X said:

Well, thats only true if you believe there is some grand conspiracy within the club to lie, and keep "the truth" from the fans.

Unthinkable.

1 minute ago, Mr X said:

I never said it was unthinkable. 

Why you felt the need to bump this thread, though, when its being discussed in two others Im not quite sure.

Are you that desperate for me to be wrong?

I never said you were wrong.

Archived