Gavin Skelton departs Queen of the South

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, overthetop said:

I imagine he also helps the players with their use of English Language!emoji3.png

It's always the same on this site, slag off people who do loads for the club. Big Jim Thompson is Queens through and through. Ewan Lithgow (Skyline Drifter) is another who does lots behind the scenes. They are anathematised by most on here. Then there was the poor bloke who took all his Queens memorabilia away from the Queens museum and no longer  cares to contribute because of all the shite that goes with helping Queens. I wish some of you on here would get a life and leave them alone.

jim thomson is the problem. yes he is a club legend for things on the field but off the field he is causing all the bother. to start with kerr and baird left because of a fall out with him and now skelton has left after a big big fall out but the board will always back up jim 

terrible decision wont be back for a long time now

It's always the same on this site, slag off people who do loads for the club. Big Jim Thompson is Queens through and through. Ewan Lithgow (Skyline Drifter) is another who does lots behind the scenes. They are anathematised by most on here. Then there was the poor bloke who took all his Queens memorabilia away from the Queens museum and no longer  cares to contributes because of all the shite that goes with helping Queens. I wish some of you on here would get a life and leave them alone.

Calm down. I for one don't slag off anyone on here. Trying to lighten the mood. I will be there on Saturday supporting Jim and the players as usual.

10 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

Ex-player Graeme Robertson brought in to help Jim Thomson.

There's your new management team there then.

That doesn't look very promising.

What has Robertson been doing?

13 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

The full back used to play for Dunfermline in the late 80s? 

That's the one.

8 minutes ago, WILLIEA said:

That doesn't look very promising.

What has Robertson been doing?

It seems he has been working in China.  Interesting piece of trivia on his Wikipedia is that he is Jason Cummings' step-father.

Ex-player Graeme Robertson brought in to help Jim Thomson.

There's your new management team there then.

Considering the speed Queens usually do appointments doesn't this seem conveniently quick? Maybe I'm reading to much into it.

It's always the same on this site, slag off people who do loads for the club. Big Jim Thompson is Queens through and through. Ewan Lithgow (Skyline Drifter) is another who does lots behind the scenes. They are anathematised by most on here. Then there was the poor bloke who took all his Queens memorabilia away from the Queens museum and no longer  cares to contribute because of all the shite that goes with helping Queens. I wish some of you on here would get a life and leave them alone.

1d9c41a082b2641d2ae510558ed36931.jpg

jim thomson is the problem. yes he is a club legend for things on the field but off the field he is causing all the bother. to start with kerr and baird left because of a fall out with him and now skelton has left after a big big fall out but the board will always back up jim 

terrible decision wont be back for a long time now

You won't be back and supporting queens cos what things aren't going our way and the manager has left due to personal reasons. How does that help. Now more than any point this season queens fans need to rally behind the club and whoever may be the new manager. Even if it is someone your not keen on.

Interesting that Queens have brought in Graeme Robertson to help JT. I used to play golf with him as a youngster, many moons ago and touted him to head up Youth Development at Queens on here a few years ago. He was well thought of as a Youth coach at Livingston and Stenny and has good coaching credentials and the right badges. Not sure if he is the right person to be manager but will a good short-term option as part of the coaching staff and may well be worth a permanent role if he does well and gels with the club and the squad. 

15 hours ago, Wasps1 said:

My contacts are telling me both Smith and Pressley have been contacted in the last hour 

Only the matter of time 

By the way hope we don't put the final nail in the coffin come Saturday 

I hope someone puts the final nail in your coffin you absolute codpiece

31 minutes ago, KingfaetheSooth said:

Interesting that Queens have brought in Graeme Robertson to help JT. I used to play golf with him as a youngster, many moons ago and touted him to head up Youth Development at Queens on here a few years ago. He was well thought of as a Youth coach at Livingston and Stenny and has good coaching credentials and the right badges. Not sure if he is the right person to be manager but will a good short-term option as part of the coaching staff and may well be worth a permanent role if he does well and gels with the club and the squad. 

John Potter was a highly regarded youth coach. I can only hope this turns out in the same fashion as his first senior job.

Archived