Gavin Skelton departs Queen of the South

35 minutes ago, Come on queens said:

I love how there's always someone slagging off somebody else. Why don't some of you's volunteer your services to the club and go and take a training session for one of the younger teams, then we'll see how much you know about football. Yeah football is about opinions and your entitled to express your opinion but do you think the players and manager respond better to Getting slagged off or praised. Queens have punched above their weight for years. Do you fully expect a team with probably the 3rd worst budget in the league to be fighting for promotion? Get behind the team and give them your full support. The club has came on leaps and bounds in the last 10 years, it's the behind the scenes politics that's festering away in the background, that's holding the club back.

Stop posting about politics festering in the background and get behind the team!

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

What league position were you in when Skelton left his post and how many league games had you lost on the bounce? Your laughable decision to suspend judgement when you were briefly doing well doesn't actually tally with the facts - a mediocre team with an early season bounce, whose manager had already been found out by the end of the first third of the campaign. Hence your plunge into the bottom half of the table. 

Morton's league finish in 2012/13 was higher than any league placing achieved by your club in the past sixty years; thanks for playing anyway.  

Yet you still ended up getting relegated the next season. Congratulations on finishing first losers in a title race then finishing 10th the season after. What an achievement. 

13 minutes ago, Come on queens said:

I bet you there's Morton players on more money than Dobbie, who offered to play for nothing by the way. But if you stick to your own team and worry about them. I take it there's not much to talk about with regards to Morton or you'd be talking about them. 

If he offered to play for nothing then why is he the highest paid player at the club?

Why would the club not just give him a wage on par with the rest of the players??

18 minutes ago, Come on queens said:

I bet you there's Morton players on more money than Dobbie, who offered to play for nothing by the way. But if you stick to your own team and worry about them. I take it there's not much to talk about with regards to Morton or you'd be talking about them. 

*waves to Victoria*

Hiya Victoria, hiya pal!

How much is Dobbie on then? I assume you know?

If he offered to play for free why is he receiving a wage?

I love how there's always someone slagging off somebody else. Why don't some of you's volunteer your services to the club and go and take a training session for one of the younger teams, then we'll see how much you know about football. Yeah football is about opinions and your entitled to express your opinion but do you think the players and manager respond better to Getting slagged off or praised. Queens have punched above their weight for years. Do you fully expect a team with probably the 3rd worst budget in the league to be fighting for promotion? Get behind the team and give them your full support. The club has came on leaps and bounds in the last 10 years, it's the behind the scenes politics that's festering away in the background, that's holding the club back.

Sound like the club has responded.

Lady V by any chance

29 minutes ago, Come on queens said:

Pish.

I'm afraid that you lost your opportunity to whine about budgets, back when you were giving it the big licks about signing Dobbie. Instead clubs like Morton focused on building a much better team rather than having a couple of marquee signings, which is why Morton are in their natural place - courtesy of delivering a 5-0 shoeing on your own ground of course - while Queen of the South are already down one manager for the season. 

Better luck next time. 

Your much better team will be finishing the season in the playoffs then yeah good luck with that Morton will finish in the mediocre team positions with queens.

1 hour ago, Come on queens said:

In all honesty both of the things said in the highlighted sentence are likley to be untrue. Much as i love dobbie he ain`t going to play for us for nowt.

28 minutes ago, rw89 said:

I've heard Dobbie also looked to take in some Syrian orphans while he was at it. 

Good to see the wheels falling off rather spectacularly at Queens. Especially given their fans in the first quarter were making Dobbie to be some form of Scottish, aging Messi. 

He's no Mark Stewart eh.

cf06d6f7f56e3f9d5ceda9f55a6750e4.jpg

Well said. Great post.

I can remember going to Palmerston with my Dad as a young boy when I lived in the toon.

150 fans against East Stirling, Cowdenbeath, Queens P etc in the bottom league. One Hundred and Fifty for league games FFS.

They were such a shambles back then I signed for Dalbeattie rather than Queens. They were a joke.

Different feel these days of course, as an outsider now, feels like the Club get so many things right. But agree they have punched above their weight for a long time now.

2 hours ago, Come on queens said:

I bet you there's Morton players on more money than Dobbie, who offered to play for nothing by the way.

Such as? And no, he quite clearly isn't "playing for nothin", you deluded fool.

But if you stick to your own team and worry about them. I take it there's not much to talk about with regards to Morton or you'd be talking about them. 

It's an open forum champ so I can comment on whichever side I want. On doing so, one of your fellow roasters tried to deflect to Morton's record. Which wasn't the best tactic given that, erm, it's better than yours. In the same way that you couldn't actually explain why your failed, English pub league manager is any good, before whining instead about the budget of Morton; by far the least experienced and youngest side in the league, incidentally, so you're almost certainly talking nonsense about our first team budget anyway. 

Unlucky. 

2 hours ago, Broony88 said:

Yet you still ended up getting relegated the next season. Congratulations on finishing first losers in a title race then finishing 10th the season after. What an achievement. 

"First losers in a title race" = better than any league campaign a Queen of the South fan has witnessed for fully sixty years. Indeed we were doing so while Queen of the South themselves were, err, in the seaside leagues, having been relegated in a similar fashion the season before. Hardly surprising though given that the seaside leagues is where you have spent precisely half of your campaigns since the old First Division was reconstructed. 

Just let that sink in.

1 hour ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

Your much better team will be finishing the season in the playoffs then yeah good luck with that Morton will finish in the mediocre team positions with queens.

9a062ade6cb3937b00694910f2944680.gif

Archived