Gavin Skelton departs Queen of the South

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Wasps1 said:

My contacts are telling me both Smith and Pressley have been contacted in the last hour 

The conversation went something like this.

Caller: "I hear you have been involved in an accident that wasn't your fault...".

Smith: "Oh for f**k sake".

'Click' The call is terminated.

13 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Is this more JT bashing, or am I totally missing a point?

I have absolutely no idea what happened, but I think it's fairly clear there has been a breakdown in relationships behind the scenes and there is a common denominator from the last time this happened.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I'm baffled by this.

It doesn't sound to me like a conventional parting of the ways.   I wonder if Skelton was really struggling to cope with how things have been going.  'Personal reasons' could of course mean all manner of things.  Hope he's alright.

Yes, indeed. Too many sad stories of football people and health / stress problems. As you say, "personal reasons" could mean anything or nothing.

I wish him well. 

Dont think anyone seen that coming.....

I'd ask if Dobbie is ready for the step into management either asst or manager but I'd hazard a guess he is only interested in playing with living in Blackpool.

forementioned Elvis I would love but I dont know if his pigheadedness, I'm not looking at Scottish jobs pre his last failure at Fleetwood still stands.

Well I suppose its a good job Queens got points on the board early

Archived