The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

On 10/01/2021 at 18:24, Detournement said:

Trump has apparently been denied access to email as well being banned off every form of social media.

I don't think we will recognise the internet by the end of the Biden term.

Oh no, maybe it won't a be a bin fire of lies, delusion and hate. Maybe people will have to be accountable for the words they broadcast to the entire world. Maybe we won't have tens of millions of people believing that Trump is secretly fighting a Satanic paedophile ring. That would be a terrible loss.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Bit worrying if they feel the need for this. 

I read somewhere that there were off duty police officers and fire fighters amongst the mob.  Don’t know if any of them were part of the group who broke in and haven’t seen anything to suggest serving forces personnel were there, but nothing would surprise me.

I read somewhere that there were off duty police officers and fire fighters amongst the mob.  Don’t know if any of them were part of the group who broke in and haven’t seen anything to suggest serving forces personnel were there, but nothing would surprise me.
CNN were suggesting a few of the Capitol police were in on it and actively helping the mob, 2 police suspended, 15 more under investigation. It's certainly not a stretch to imagine that there might be a fairly high proportion of law enforcement types that are fans of Trump. They're now reporting on 3 congressmen actively working with the mob leaders. Mental stuff.

29 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:
37 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

CNN were suggesting a few of the Capitol police were in on it and actively helping the mob, 2 police suspended, 15 more under investigation. It's certainly not a stretch to imagine that there might be a fairly high proportion of law enforcement types that are fans of Trump. They're now reporting on 3 congressmen actively working with the mob leaders. Mental stuff.

There were several police unions that actively endorsed him.

Mad that they allow their police to openly take political positions.

53 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

Mike Pence refuses to oust Trump.  What goes on in his head? His gaffer tried to get a mob of hillbilly racist to string him up, then he goes against him to call in the NG, then he meekly backs him. Trump must have some amount of shit on Pence.

To be fair to him getting half of the cabinet that Trump selected to agree as well may be the stumbling block.

2 hours ago, dirty dingus said:

Mike Pence refuses to oust Trump.  What goes on in his head? His gaffer tried to get a mob of hillbilly racist to string him up, then he goes against him to call in the NG, then he meekly backs him. Trump must have some amount of shit on Pence.

Nah, he lets Trump run for another week or makes himself the number 1 target for far right arseholes for the rest of his days. These people will let him off with not sending the election result back but firing The Donald would be off the scale for them.

Is an impeachment against Trump really a good idea for the Democrats? Aside from stoking the KKKultists, there is a tiny chance he could run in four years that would just total any hopes for the Republican candidate. Surely just let him ride noisily into the sunset instead of barring him from running again.