The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

2 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

Oh God Damn it

I'd have been more surprised if he wasn't there TBH. He's been a far-right fruitcake since before the World Wide Web.

On 11/01/2021 at 07:13, ICTJohnboy said:

Can't see the point of putting him through the impeachment process again, when that doesn't necessarily force him out of office.

My thinking is that even though they know impeachment will fail because the GOP will not support it, what it will do is make it a matter of public record who voted against the impeachment. Maybe they think it will be good ammunition for the future.

44 minutes ago, aDONisSheep said:

When Moscow Mitch no longer controls the senate, they'll be able to call witnesses, under oath.  It could be embarrasing.

That's it. Just to have a trail of witnesses one by one saying exactly what he was doing on January 6th. He needs humiliating more than anything else, the banks calling in his loans will take care of the punishment.

On 10/01/2021 at 18:24, Detournement said:

Trump has apparently been denied access to email as well being banned off every form of social media.

I don't think we will recognise the internet by the end of the Biden term.

Oh no, maybe it won't a be a bin fire of lies, delusion and hate. Maybe people will have to be accountable for the words they broadcast to the entire world. Maybe we won't have tens of millions of people believing that Trump is secretly fighting a Satanic paedophile ring. That would be a terrible loss.

On 11/01/2021 at 20:55, spongeheid15 said:

Free speech is no longer allowed in this country and will soon be worldwide 

Can I stand outside your house and tell passers by that you're a paedophile? That would be my free speech, no?

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Bit worrying if they feel the need for this. 

I read somewhere that there were off duty police officers and fire fighters amongst the mob.  Don’t know if any of them were part of the group who broke in and haven’t seen anything to suggest serving forces personnel were there, but nothing would surprise me.

I read somewhere that there were off duty police officers and fire fighters amongst the mob.  Don’t know if any of them were part of the group who broke in and haven’t seen anything to suggest serving forces personnel were there, but nothing would surprise me.
CNN were suggesting a few of the Capitol police were in on it and actively helping the mob, 2 police suspended, 15 more under investigation. It's certainly not a stretch to imagine that there might be a fairly high proportion of law enforcement types that are fans of Trump. They're now reporting on 3 congressmen actively working with the mob leaders. Mental stuff.

29 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:
37 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

CNN were suggesting a few of the Capitol police were in on it and actively helping the mob, 2 police suspended, 15 more under investigation. It's certainly not a stretch to imagine that there might be a fairly high proportion of law enforcement types that are fans of Trump. They're now reporting on 3 congressmen actively working with the mob leaders. Mental stuff.

There were several police unions that actively endorsed him.

Mad that they allow their police to openly take political positions.

53 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

Mike Pence refuses to oust Trump.  What goes on in his head? His gaffer tried to get a mob of hillbilly racist to string him up, then he goes against him to call in the NG, then he meekly backs him. Trump must have some amount of shit on Pence.

To be fair to him getting half of the cabinet that Trump selected to agree as well may be the stumbling block.