The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

8 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

One of his employees/cronies jailed for tax fraud.  Seems to be a very lenient sentence.

The official line is that Weisselberg has offered no co-operation, however he will violate his plea deal if he refuses to testify (if called to do so, and I'm sure the prosecution will) in the State of New York vs Trump Org civil case. While that in itself won't be a criminal trial, it could potentially lead to them. Even just for something as basic as in the US whoever signs off on the tax return going to the IRS does so 'under pain of perjury'. Tish James has aspirations for the Governor's Office and if she buries Trump then her campaign writes itself. 

Just now, carpetmonster said:

The official line is that Weisselberg has offered no co-operation, however he will violate his plea deal if he refuses to testify (if called to do so, and I'm sure the prosecution will) in the State of New York vs Trump Org civil case. While that in itself won't be a criminal trial, it could potentially lead to them. Even just for something as basic as in the US whoever signs off on the tax return going to the IRS does so 'under pain of perjury'. Tish James has aspirations for the Governor's Office and if she buries Trump then her campaign writes itself. 

Aye, it seems whilst Trump himself is not subject to criminal charges in this matter his company still could be.

7 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Nah, I suspect that as he is a very stable genius - as he himself has said he doesn't NEED a lawyer. Why would someone who describes himself in the following terms need one? 

“You know, I’m, like, a smart person.” “I am a really smart guy.” “I’ve been known as being a very smart guy for a long time.” “I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things.” “I’m intelligent. Some people would say I’m very, very, very intelligent.” “And then people say oh, is he a smart person? I’m smarter than all of them put together, but they can’t admit it.” “My IQ is one of the highest — and you all know it! Please don’t feel so stupid or insecure; it’s not your fault.” “My two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart…. I went from VERY successful businessman, to top T.V. Star, to President of the United States (on my first try). I think that would qualify as not smart, but genius….and a very stable genius at that!”

Taken gleefully from https://hyperscapes.com/trumps-assessment-selected-quotes/

If you heard a balloon in a pub saying stuff like that,  probably the kindest response would be "have a good night, mate" 

Considering his fondness for annoying people with frivolous lawsuits that he knows will amount to nothing, The Donald might as well name Uncle Sam as counsel. Or someone even more ridiculously cartoonish, like Rudy Giuliani, or that QAnon lunatic who was so batshit that Trump had to pretend she'd never worked for him.

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

Considering his fondness for annoying people with frivolous lawsuits that he knows will amount to nothing, The Donald might as well name Uncle Sam as counsel. Or someone even more ridiculously cartoonish, like Rudy Giuliani, or that QAnon lunatic who was so batshit that Trump had to pretend she'd never worked for him.

Giuliani doesn't have a law license anymore - both his DC and NY bar certifications were removed - and if Powell's hasn't been, it's certainly in process. I think his fondness for hiring blonde pieces in their early 30s might have come back to bite him. It's one thing going and spouting bollocks on Fox News and passing it as personal opinion, but if you're looking at legal conduct that might get you disbarred and you've got 30 years of career left after his epic coronary has him under the 16th at Turnberry, it's not such an attractive proposition. 

Edited by carpetmonster

I’m loving the idea that Trump and his cronies think that he can just claim to have “declassified” documents without recognising that there is a formal declassification process that has to e followed.  Not sure which correspondence course his lawyers used to get their degrees.

I’d call the Uber fuckwits in the hope that @Tynie Pecksniff hasn’t extended the abuse mandate to the former POTUS or the lowlife fuckwits that work/worked for him.

We all know he believes the rules don't apply to him, and he's had a lifetime of being proven correct. He's not a fuckwit in that sense. Why wouldn't he take whatever was to hand?

Anything short of leaving active nuclear launch codes lying around the reception at Mar-a-Lago during a summit between Russia, Iran, North Korea, and Mexico, and the Republicans will claim it's nothing serious, even though they'd want any other president executed for doing the same thing. If he's found to have allowed damaging material to fall into the hands of America's enemies, the focus will be on how the Federal Government allowed him to take it, rather than on holding him responsible. Then finally, the old standbys; it never happened, conspiracy by the Deep State, impeach Biden, hang Republicans who don't agree, etc.

Assuming the US doesn't slide into full-bore fascism, it's going to be entertaining to see creeps like Ted Cruz try to pretend they were working behind the scenes to preserve democracy during this period, and that he wasn't halfway up the arse of the guy who publicly insulted his wife and claimed his father helped assassinate JFK.

8 minutes ago, BFTD said:

We all know he believes the rules don't apply to him, and he's had a lifetime of being proven correct. He's not a fuckwit in that sense. Why wouldn't he take whatever was to hand?

Anything short of leaving active nuclear launch codes lying around the reception at Mar-a-Lago during a summit between Russia, Iran, North Korea, and Mexico, and the Republicans will claim it's nothing serious, even though they'd want any other president executed for doing the same thing. If he's found to have allowed damaging material to fall into the hands of America's enemies, the focus will be on how the Federal Government allowed him to take it, rather than on holding him responsible. Then finally, the old standbys; it never happened, conspiracy by the Deep State, impeach Biden, hang Republicans who don't agree, etc.

Assuming the US doesn't slide into full-bore fascism, it's going to be entertaining to see creeps like Ted Cruz try to pretend they were working behind the scenes to preserve democracy during this period, and that he wasn't halfway up the arse of the guy who publicly insulted his wife and claimed his father helped assassinate JFK.

He gave up information to the Russian Foreign Minister and Ambassador in a meeting in the Whitehouse that may have identified an Israeli in Syria spying on ISIS. Given that Russia was big pals with Syria and they'd really like to get their hands on an Israeli spy, maybe not the best people to brag about secret intelligence with. He made up for it by confirming it publicly on an Israeli visit.  "Folks, folks, just so you understand, just so you understand, I never mentioned the word or the name Israel during that conversation."

1280px-President_Trump_Meets_with_Russia

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

He gave up information to the Russian Foreign Minister and Ambassador in a meeting in the Whitehouse that may have identified an Israeli in Syria spying on ISIS. Given that Russia was big pals with Syria and they'd really like to get their hands on an Israeli spy, maybe not the best people to brag about secret intelligence with. He made up for it by confirming it publicly on an Israeli visit.  "Folks, folks, just so you understand, just so you understand, I never mentioned the word or the name Israel during that conversation."

1280px-President_Trump_Meets_with_Russia

It was a PERFECT conversation!

Were any Americans killed? No! Israel's spies are their problem!

11 hours ago, welshbairn said:

What sort of morons offer credit terms to a company that Donald Trump launches?  Do they have no idea of his history in stiffing companies he’s dealt with?  It’s a matter of public record.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

What sort of morons offer credit terms to a company that Donald Trump launches?  Do they have no idea of his history in stiffing companies he’s dealt with?  It’s a matter of public record.

I remember one where he got a small firm to design and decorate a ballroom in one of his properties. When it was finished he said great job, now you have 2 choices, I'll pay you half or you can take me to court for the full amount, which could take years and a lot of money. The contractor couldn't afford not to take half which meant a big loss. Man's a total c**t, but everyone knows that, as you say.

Trump might not have won the 2016 election if the FBI hadn't announced they were investigating a laptop to see if had Clinton's files on it, a week before the election. It didn't but they didn't announce that till after the election and the story had been plastered all over the media, including references to the weirdo who owned it who can't stop showing his dick to everyone.